• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Paint bucket tool not working

New Here ,
Apr 09, 2017 Apr 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working with a multi-layer image in photoshop and my paint bucket tool has stopped working. My cursor icon is a circle with a slash when paint bucket is selected. I have tried resetting the tool, II have done the most recent update... Any thoughts?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jul 27, 2017 Jul 27, 2017

Have you tried switching your workspace from '3D' to 'Essentials (Default)'

Window > Workspace > Essentials (Default)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Apr 09, 2017 Apr 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure a layer is selected in the layers panel

Make sure the selection is large enough to use or is cleared for the entire document.

Take a look at the top tool bar and verify the settings are not affecting it, pay attention to blend mode and opacity.

Look at blend mode and opacity in the layers panel as well.

If all else fails, capture your entire screen with any collapsed layers expanded then share it here in the forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2017 Jul 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried switching your workspace from '3D' to 'Essentials (Default)'

Window > Workspace > Essentials (Default)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2018 Sep 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you !!!

I corrected as the following direction. it works

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2021 May 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you  so much, I was also facing the same issue with color / eye dropper tool and with the paint bucket tool. Thank you so much @talbeau

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2021 Jul 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow! Thanks A Lot. I Was Also Facing Same Challenge. But It's Now Fixed. Thanks Again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2017 Nov 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Switch your workspace to photography.  I had the same problem!! 🙂 . Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 02, 2017 Nov 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The paint bucket reads "3D Material Drop Tool". This looks like you need to have a 3D object for using the Paint Bucket.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2020 Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this ptobrm..how to solve this..as i dint use 3d object

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2021 Feb 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2021 Oct 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also facing this problem.

Eye Dropper tool also not working.

Tried to same the workspace from 3D to Essential 

still not work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 09, 2021 Oct 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you restore your preferences using this manual method does it work correctly?

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#Manually

If that doesn't solve it, you can quit Photoshop and put the Settings folder back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2019 May 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks bud , helped me. what is your paypal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Estas en lo cierto la herramienta de bote de pintura no está funcionando, ajala arreglen su funcionamiento porque si haces colocas algun color o un punto o escribes algo y luego intestan usar en el área el bote de pintura debería regarte pintura de un color plano escogido en toda la capa o en el área selecionada pero ahora esta dejando lo que había y modificandolo con el color o por parches no selecionados, es un desarrollo de una nueva herramienta, pero deberían dejarnos la herramienta tal como estaba y agregar la nueva pero esta se necesita tal como estaba

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

juliant48922343_0-1597991388187.png

having issues

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG! Thank you! This fixed the problem. I had clicked on 3D for an object earlier and clicked undo, but evidently I was still in 3D. I have been looking for solutions for over 45 minutes. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, that did not work for me. Its still showing the no can do icon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2022 Nov 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Below the main menu it's possible that you have the Mode: set to overlay or something. Change it to normal and it will work again. That was my problem so I thought I'd share how I solved it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines