• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pan interpolation/acceleration issue (pan flicking off)

New Here ,
Dec 29, 2021 Dec 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

V23.1

I noticed there is input lag while panning.  Basically, there is some sort of interpolation or acceleration and deceleration while pannin.  The result is that the image pan lags behind the cursor position.  I want to be able to simply pan, 1 to 1 with my mouse, pen, or whatever other input device i use.  There is no option to eliminate this pan animation.  It is obnoxious and slows down work flow.  I can't stand any sort of animated UI that takes time to finish.  Compared to CS6, and in it pan followes cursor 1 to 1

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 31, 2021 Dec 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this. Could you please try resetting the preferences of Photoshop and let us know how it goes? 

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

Note: Make sure that you back up all your custom presets, brushes & actions before restoring Photoshop's preferences. https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preset-migration.html

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2022 Jan 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reset the preferences and the problem still persists.
If I were a programmer (which I am, lol) I would describe the pan position as being updated by being interpolated between the curruent cursor position and current camera position.  It seems that as the camera gets closer to the desitination, it moves slower.  This creates a "smooth" delayed pan, but is akward to handle, especially when precision is desired.

If you use the pencil tool to create a pixel square and use that as a reference, If you click and hold pan and drag around, you will see the camera lags behind the pan tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2022 Jan 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Also, I notice other tools do the same thing.  For example, if you create a selection, or paste, when you attempt to move to around the same thing happens as I desribed earler, photoshop seems to interpolate the results as though "smoothing" for brushes was turned on at like 20% for the brush and applied to the tool.

In addition, wacom features stopped working yesterday and nothing I can do fixes it.  They work in every other software I use, so I'm left to conclude its an adobe issue.  In general, I am very disapointed with CC photoshop.  I upgraded from cs6 and so far I don't understand why people would pay monthly for this.  Support is slow, and the program seems alot laggier.  Just about ready to cancel my subsscription and currently I only pay $15 a month.  There are so many cheaper and better performing alternitives on the market these days (including Affinity).  The only thing I care about in the adobe suite is lab color space, and even it lacks obvious features. </rant>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines