Pan tool smoothing/interpolation

New Here ,
Apr 09, 2022 Apr 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When using the pan tool in photoshop cc, it looks as some sort of smoothing algorythm is applied.  It's aweful and essentially results in user input lag.  I can find no options to turn this off.  It's as though the same "brush  tool smoothing" is applied to other tools at but with no option to change it.

I also notice this when using other tools, such as moving a selection.  I want true 1 to 1 input.  These tools noticibly lag behind the position of the mouse cursor.  I have no problem in cs6 with this. 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 11, 2022 Apr 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@ruskul Could you launch the latest version of Photoshop you're using where you are seeing this and go to Help > System Info, click Copy, open a text doc (Notepad), Paste and save the doc and attach it here?  Thanks. 

Side note/questions: Do you have Flick Panning enabled in Preferences > Tools?  Are Rulers on or off when you see this lag?  In Preferences > Technology Previews, what is checked/enabled there?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines