• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Panels too big to open when docked in Ps 21.0

Explorer ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Several of the panels, particularly Brush Settings, are not currently scrollable so they won't open when docked in any default workspace on a standard sized monitor.

I encountered the same problem with Clone Source and some others, but found that if I undocked, opened, and then re-docked them, they would work after that. The Brush Settings panel refuses to open on my laptop at all unless it's undocked or has an entire column to itself.

It took me quite a while to figure out how to get these to open, and I've been using Ps for a very long time. Anyone new to Ps is going to get seriously frustrated when the brush settings tab (and the brush settings button on the Brushes panel) appear to do nothing.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What size is a "Standard SIzed Monitor" (in pixels)? My Brush Settings panel has a resizing handle at the bottom, and can be less than 540 pixels tall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! Apologies for my lack of specificity yesterday, I was trying to finish some work and get out of the office, so I kept it brief in the hopes that someone would recognize a known issue. My (Windows 10) laptop is currently set to the recommended resolution of 1920x1080, with all text, apps, and other items scaled to the recommended 150%. 

Here are some screenshots, with comments below each. Thanks for any insights you can provide; I've never had this particular problem before!

With the Brush Settings panel docked, the content of the panel is not visible when at the bottom of the stack. If the tab is higher up in the stack, it will not open when clicked. This window is full screen on a 1920x1080 Windows 10 laptop.With the Brush Settings panel docked, the content of the panel is not visible when at the bottom of the stack. If the tab is higher up in the stack, it will not open when clicked. This window is full screen on a 1920x1080 Windows 10 laptop.

My current workspace settings.My current workspace settings.My current UI settings.My current UI settings.The Brush Settings become visible when it is undocked, given an entire column to itself, or when the PS window is on an external monitor with a higher resolution.The Brush Settings become visible when it is undocked, given an entire column to itself, or when the PS window is on an external monitor with a higher resolution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Brushes panel opens OK, though? There's been other reports about missing UI elements in the Windows release, but they include missing menu bars and other issues, but your UI looks fine, except for this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that one is fine, Except that the icon in the Brushes panel to open the Brush settings has the same issues as when I try to open it directly. (Same with opening it from the menu, btw. It will open only if it was previously opened in a place where there was enough vertical room for it.)

The only other panel that I'm positive didn't open initially was the Clone Source one, and I remember that one because it's the one I discovered the undock/redock trick with, and thought I'd found a way to fix the issue, but then it didn't work for Brush Settings. I'll try opening all the others that aren't in this workspace from the menu, and get right back to you if any of those fail to open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK, I made my Ps window a bit smaller so it would potentially apply to shorter panels, and found that it affects any panel that is missing the vertical scroll, it just doesn't affect them as much because Brush Settings is so much taller. (I also see that it still applies to the Clone Source one as well, when the Ps window isn't maximized.)

Here's another screenshot with the Ps window not maximized. I consider this to be a completely reasonable size to use if I'm using multiple programs or dragging in assets, but with this arrangement of panels, I can't expand any of these tabs within the open stack, even with everything else minimized:

Styles

Brush Settings

Clone Source

Character

smaller window.PNG

Thanks again for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines