• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pantone Colors Converted to Black Error

Community Expert ,
Oct 13, 2022 Oct 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This morning I opened a large group of files that have been seperated for multiple Pantone spot color and CMYK and recieved this error on each highliy refined image file: "This file has Pantone colors that have been removed and replaced with black due to changes in Pantone's licensing with Adobe.  To resolve, click "Learn More"   From there i Installed the Pantone Connect Extension and linked my purchased license for premium..... But the colors of the spot channels are still rendered as black.  Any swatches I create with the extension are rendered properly but Pantone Spot colors are not rendered correctly because the color information for those channels is not available to Adobe Photoshop.   

The work around for this issue is to double click the spot color channel in the channels pallet and click on thee color then enter the Lab values from the Pantone Connect Library.  Save the file and the channels will be rendered to the display properly.   

ICC programmer and developer, Photographer, artist and color management expert, Print standards and process expert.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , May 01, 2023 May 01, 2023

Amybeth, I see in your image it adds a channel named "9344" and not "Pantone 9344," which is what the swatch is named when added as a swatch in Illustrator and InDesign.

Does that create a conflict/duplicate swatch?

Also, what is the version number of this plug-in update?

(And does it still require Rosetta to run on an M-1 Mac? so many questions...)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 03, 2023 Feb 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Amybeth M. ACI G7 same here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know where to find this info? I'm trying google, but can't seem to find anything related 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://connect.pantone.com/#/paywall?source=www.pantone.com

The pricing listed is not current as of January 2023.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 25, 2023 Jan 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Bob_Hallam – Until Adobe add such a feature (if ever), I created a script to open docs bypassing all warnings.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/how-to-stop-quot-pantone-colors-may-n...

If you know the risks and value opening images without the warning, use the script to bypass all warnings (Pantone related or otherwise).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 24, 2023 Mar 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So this just happened "add to channel"

Adds the spot channel to Photoshop 2023

Amybeth M
ACI G7 Certified Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amybeth M
ACI G7 Certified Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well that actually helps!  Thanks for letting us all know Amybeth!

ICC programmer and developer, Photographer, artist and color management expert, Print standards and process expert.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 01, 2023 May 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amybeth, I see in your image it adds a channel named "9344" and not "Pantone 9344," which is what the swatch is named when added as a swatch in Illustrator and InDesign.

Does that create a conflict/duplicate swatch?

Also, what is the version number of this plug-in update?

(And does it still require Rosetta to run on an M-1 Mac? so many questions...)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 01, 2023 May 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Not running Rosetta currently. ( I have to double check the OS on my personal laptop exactly)
  2. I am using M1 Mac Book Pro 
  3. Correct,  it does create a conflict if you have a swatch added to  Indesign or Illustrator from a another library, unless you use the Ink Manager to remap
  4. Pantone Connect Extension updated to version 1.0.9

Not production worthy but they are obvioulsy working on it.

Any channel selectcions adjustments still have to be pasted on the channel from and alpha channel. (my experience)

I hope this answers some of your questions/

Amybeth M
ACI G7 Certified Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jul 05, 2023 Jul 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That Pantone panel is probably still a CEP panel en not the UXP panel. To run the CEP panels, you indeed need to run PS under Rosetta.

But dang... Pantone really gets burned Its indeed hideous what they are doing.

All those negative 1 star reviews, tells enoughAll those negative 1 star reviews, tells enough

People should lookup FreeTone by stuart semple; https://culturehustle.com/products/freetone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines