• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pasteboard to create new doc in photoshop

Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2022 Jun 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used to copy items into my pastboard from another program (adobe or other), open Photoshop select file>new doc (or command o) and the new photoshop doc would be to the size of the item in the pasteboard and I could paste the item, job done.

Tried to do this today and I just get the usual window with ''Recent   Saved   Photo...etc" with a bunch of custom templates I'll never use.

Has this feature gone or is it hidden?

I'm using Photoshop 23.3.2, macbook pro 2021, Monteray 12.4

Thanks

C

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 24, 2022 Jun 24, 2022

Hi @CC TPA', go to Preferences/General and tick Use Legacy "New Document" Interace. Does this fix your issue?
Screen Shot 2022-06-22 at 9.39.00 AM.png

Thank you,

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

When I tried to duplicate what you were asking for, I found my file in Recent--It showed "Clipboard" and the size of my document. This may seem like a silly quesiton, but did you look in the Recent folder?

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2022 Aug 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi gang!  Thanks for your kind answers as I've been experiencing this problem too.  I guess I just don't understand why they had to change it in the first place.  "If it isn't broken, why fix it?"  Copy---New---Paste----Done.  I have been working in PS for 30 years and never had to go to a Recent file or find my Clipboard file.  Very frustrating.  I made these changes above and they seem to be working so far!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or I should have said, Did you click on Recent? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I found anoher thread with the same problem that I thought might be helpful. https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/creating-a-new-file-does-not-conform-...

Let us know if this fixes your issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, it goes to the Recents tab by default for me. I've restarted a few times and I now have 'Clipbaord' tile and it's highlighted but the dimentions of the clipboard aren't mirrored in the preset deatils on the right.  

I'm now clicking a previous doc dimention from the Recents tab, then clicking the Clipboard tile again. Tthis adds the details into the doc size and I can paste it in as I expected.

This works but must be a bug or something that need to be set-up somewhere?! Bit of an annoyance.

C

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had a look see and it's acting the same and showing the previous clipboard size, not the current one.

I've finished up for now and have noticed there is another update for photoshop in CC. I'll do that and check back.

Thank for trying.

C

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 24, 2022 Jun 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @CC TPA', go to Preferences/General and tick Use Legacy "New Document" Interace. Does this fix your issue?
Screen Shot 2022-06-22 at 9.39.00 AM.png

Thank you,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 28, 2022 Jun 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've gone into the preference and converted the interface to the old one. Seem to work this way as it should.

Cant say it's a fix but, at least it's a work-around of the current problem.

Thanks for all your time:)

C

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines