• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Patch tool

New Here ,
Jun 23, 2019 Jun 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The patch tool worked once then when I tried it again after I slid the cursor to the new area I wanted the selected area to be replaced with, as soon as I let go of the cursor the original area stayed the same instead of being replaced with the new area.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure you select either the source or destination before you move the selection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the Patch dropdown menu is set to Normal and not Content-Aware.

capture.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2019 Jun 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much I did these things but it still doesn’t seem to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 24, 2019 Jun 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will suggest to close everything and try it again! I just worked on it and it is workin! might be your files!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 25, 2019 Jun 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could it be something to do with Layers? Depending on the mode you are using, you might be trying to sample empty pixels. Perhaps you could show some screen captures of your Layers panel and the settings in the Options bar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 26, 2019 Jun 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

angelsunset  wrote

The patch tool worked once then when I tried it again after I slid the cursor to the new area I wanted the selected area to be replaced with, as soon as I let go of the cursor the original area stayed the same instead of being replaced with the new area.

With all these ideas being offered, I wonder if we'd have a better idea if you were to paste a screen shot of your workspace here, and describe what exactly you are trying to achieve.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines