• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Patterns?

Enthusiast ,
Jul 30, 2024 Jul 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well as usual, after another update, there are problems.   Had to fix my curser back like I had it and I see even more things to re-set.

But the worse thing is my Patterns.  I have lots of patterns  and when I try to open them the whole window is whited out!  No way to load more or anything.  Just a totally useles window with nothing clickable.

Please tell me what has happened.  Yes, I will send a screenshot if you need it.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 01, 2024 Aug 01, 2024

You seem to call the Pattern Overlay-section of the Layer Styles the »Pattern Window«. 

That Panel would actually be shown/hidden via Window > Patterns. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 30, 2024 Jul 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We need more details. Are you opening patterns through File > Open? What file format are you using, and where are your patterns located? Which version of Photoshop are you using? Please post a screenshot of the entire window with the Layer panel expanded and visible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jul 31, 2024 Jul 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am adding patterns to layers as I go along.  I gave up adding a pattern and just added a style. But Patterns won't work on any layer.  Screenshot shows my layers with the styles on.  No 2 shows pattern window whited out and un-usable.  No 3 shows a normal window for adding strokes. 

I use the current version of Photoshop and just updated when this happened.   There is no access to pattterns.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You omitted to post a screenshot of the Patterns Panel. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please post complete screenshots with the pertinent Panels (Toolbar, Layers, Patterns, Options Bar, …) visible? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One more screenshot.  All effects are working except Pattern Overlay.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 01, 2024 Aug 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click on the triangle on the right side of the pattern thumbnail (1); then you should be able to see the available patterns. If nothing is displayed or you do not see any folders to expand, click on the gear icon (2) and select Import Patterns (3). Navigate to the .pat file and double-click on it to load the patterns. You can also choose Append Default Patterns to load the default set of patterns. If nothing loads, proceed to the next step.

Another option is to try resetting preferences, which can sometimes resolve unusual issues.

import patterns.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bojan Zivkovic,  The triangle and everything else on that window is non functional after the update. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like a display issue to me.  

What GPU are you using, and what driver?

It might be helpful if you could go  Help > System Info > Copy

and paste the results to this thread.

Also tell us a bit about the computer hardware you are using — especially if it is a laptop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You seem to call the Pattern Overlay-section of the Layer Styles the »Pattern Window«. 

That Panel would actually be shown/hidden via Window > Patterns. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, c.pfaffenbichler.  I went to Windows>Patterns and I see where I am able to add my Patterns back where I had them. But why would them all disappear after the update?  It's a pain to have to spend the evening adding all my Patterns back where I had them!  Thank you again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If all other presets migrated fine it is mysterious that the Patterns did not. 

In any case it can be useful not to uninstall the previous version when upgrading, that way one can easily use Edit > Presets > … to export and import the Presets if they didn’t migrate properly. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines