Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PC crashes after opening a file in Photoshop CC

New Here ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings everyone,

I have a problem with Photoshop CC after switching my old PC with Windows 7 to a new one with Windows 10 (64bit). After the installation is complete everything seems to be working fine but after few minutes when I want to open a file for example .tiff .jpg .png the system crashes, the screen is black and I can only reset the PC. I've tested this on two computers with Windows 10 and got the same result. Also I've checked Photoshop CS5 on the same computers and it's working without any issues. Please help.

Regards,

Konrad

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you uninstalled and reinstalled CC after upgrading your system software?

Updating to Windows 10 from 7 changes many resource locations in the system.

It's always a good idea to reinstall software after a major upgrade like this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello and thank you for your answer.

PC with windows 10 is a brand new one so there was no Photoshop installed. I've already reinstalled CC after having those problems but it didn't help. Like I said I've tested CC on another new PC with Windows 10 and it gave the same result.

Regards,

Konrad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Photoshop CC are you trying to run?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop CC.

I've got an answer from adobe support.

To those who have same problem as mentioned above:

Open Photoshop -> Edit -> Preferences -> Performance -> Uncheck the graphic processor option

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2017 Nov 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had similar problems, thought the drivers were up to date, etc, and had Adobe live chat take over my computer and they went to support.amd.com and went to a driver autodetect install and this fixed the problem! It was Radeon Software. Sorry, not sure of all the technical terms, but after this driver update, everything worked fine again. Try it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2018 May 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try running as Administrator, if it works go to the exe right click properties-shortcut-advanced-check ''un as administrator'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines