Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PC setup for Adobe?

Community Beginner ,
Aug 07, 2018 Aug 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
What do you think about this setup for working in Adobe (80% Photoshop, Illustrator / 20% Premiere, AE).

Intel Core i7-8086K 4.0GHz, 12MB, BOX 40th Anniversary Edition

EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 Gaming 11GB GDDR5X (352 bit), DVI-D, HDMI, 3xDisplayPort,

Asus MAXIMUS X HERO (WI-FI AC)

Corsair HX850

PHANTEKS Enthoo Pro Tempered Glass,

Toshiba P300 

CPU Noctua NH-D15 (125)

Samsung 970 PRO 1TB PCIe x4 NVMe

G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4, 4x16GB, 3200MHz, CL16

What can I change, in a similar budget for better, smoother and more productive work?

AMD 1950x isn't good idea, right?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Patrykm,

This configuration looks pretty good to run Photoshop smoother and faster, please check this article to see the system requirements for Photoshop Photoshop system requirements

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I feel your PC spec setup is really gaming oriented, it works great for Creative Cloud apps. Can I ask you if you prefer switching to a more "workstation" oriented hardaware? Photoshop utilities a lot OpenCL and CUDA cores so GPU brands won't matter. But I can suggest if you planning to render heavily, AMD Ryzen 7 or better have a better performance/cost compared to Intel i7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(80% Photoshop, Illustrator / 20% Premiere, AE),

so I will render sometimes but mostly I will work with Photoshop. I thought about AMD, but about 1950X. This AMD vs i7 is less efficient for Photoshop and this is reason my choose Intel. Maybe in the future i9. What will be better if i decided switching to a more "workstation" oriented hardaware? After which you state that this PC is focused on gaming?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the Ryzen walks all over Intel when it comes to Photoshop rendors mate... I have both a Ryzen7 1700 and a Intel I7 and its no contest but your stats look fine

the only thing I would suggest is installing all the Adobe software off the C drive... run it from D or E instead for a mild advantage

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 08, 2018 Aug 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ussnorway  wrote

the only thing I would suggest is installing all the Adobe software off the C drive

Why would you do that? What's the advantage?

You don't gain any space, most of the GBs accumulate on the C drive anyway, under your user account. And I can't imagine there's any performance advantage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the advantage is you can have the C drive just running Windows... there are backup | image senarios that give a performance kick from this but its mostly so you can take control of the system

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But it won't just be running Windows. There will be a million application settings and caches under your user account, things that get written and rewritten constantly. These are application-specific, nothing to do with Windows as such.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you planning to use a high end professional monitor like NEC or Eizo?  Hardware calibration with something like the i1 Pro?

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I will working on 2x Nec PA271Q.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I'm with KRSeals on this one. your specs look fine but a hardware calibration and profile device will make more difference to your work , in terms of being confident in the colours you see on screen, than small differences in processing speed. So I would definitely add it into the budget, even if you are working on a mid quality monitor.

Outside of 3D rendering, my PC spends more time waiting for me than I do waiting for it - and for those renders I use a 3D app that can render most things on the GPU.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

patrykm64072763  wrote

more productive work

+1 to all the comments about monitor, calibration etc. In terms of productivity, this outweighs the importance of the rest several times over. The monitor is the single most critical component in your entire system.

The machine lets you do the exact same thing a tiny bit faster. The monitor has direct impact on the quality of your work. It should be at least half your budget, for a balanced total system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines