• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pen pressure fail ever since updating PS +Win10. I have tried disabling win ink, used adobe cleaner, added PSUserConfig.txt, reset wacom preferences. Getting really livid, Adobe...

Community Beginner ,
May 03, 2018 May 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pen pressure fail ever since updating PS CC 2018 +Windows 10. I have tried disabling win ink, used adobe cleaner, added  PSUserConfig.txt, reset wacom preferences.

Works fine in other programs. It also works when I log into a different User on my PC. This didn't start happening until after I updated my PC and PS at the same time, so I really don't know what the culprit is. Considering it works perfectly fine in another login, I cant imagine this is a Windows problem..? My last resort is to move all my settings into a new PC user account and ditch the last one, but thats just so tedious.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
May 04, 2018 May 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

stastro  wrote

Considering it works perfectly fine in another login, I cant imagine this is a Windows problem

Hi

That you lead me to believe it's an issue with your current login profile, have you tried resetting Photoshop preferences

Reset Pref.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried that as well, doesn't work.

edit: note that it worked after the most current Windows update alone. I had the windows ink pan/scrolling issue after win update, which was quickly resolved after turning off windows ink. But as soon as I updated Photoshop, pressure has failed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Try installing the following update from Microsoft   Unexpected panning or scrolling in some apps with pen after applying - Microsoft Community 

Regards

Priyanka 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Didn't work either.

Edit: maybe worth mentioning I wasnt able to update via windows update in settings, it doesn't show "Check online for updates from Microsoft Update." for me. So I manually did it, I picked option 2 from this list; is that the correct one? I'm using the Wacom Mobile Studio Pro 16.

Screen Shot 2018-05-04 at 11.23.07 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open cmd as administrator   How to Open the Command Prompt as Administrator in Windows 8 or 10

Add the following in an elevated command prompt and then hit return

reg add HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Pen /v LegacyPenInteractionModel /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haven't tried this yet, I'll get back to you when I get home later to try it out, thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 05, 2018 May 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Didn't work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 06, 2018 May 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Update: I'm not sure what the fix was. But I turned on Windows Ink after trying all these solutions, and its back to working again...lol. Thanks everyone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines