• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pen pressure not working for brush - triangle error icon - normal fixes not working

New Here ,
Feb 08, 2020 Feb 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My pen has been fine until today. Suddenly, pen pressure isn't working anymore. When you go into brush settings, it has that triangular "warning" icon next to the pen pressure setting, marking it invalid. I believe this is due to the latest upgrade. I searched around a lot online and found 2 fixes: 1) fiddling with windows ink. 2) copying the .txt file over and making it has the right content etc etc. Neither worked. I haven't seen any other solutions besides those 2, which aren't working. I'm on Windows 10 using a Medium Intuos Pro tablet. 

Does anyone have other fixes besides those 2?

I am considering downgrading to an older version of photoshop where the pens weren't broken. Do you know what the latest version was where pens were still working okay? I don't know which version to pick out of the options..

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have way to do it but you must have additional mouse connected to computer (not a wacom mouse but any other mouse you may have connected to it). Do not proceed with following instructions unless you have additional mouse to control your computer

Click on Start and then type services in search bar

Click on Services in the results shown (do NOT click on services.exe)

This will open Services window. 

Scroll down towards bottom and right-click on Wacom Professional Service and choose Properties . Make sure Startup Type is set to Manual and select Ok

Back now in Services window, select Stop the service (in upper left corner) and wait for it to stop.

Now, wacom pen does not work. Use other mouse to select Restart the service and wait for it to restart.

Pen pressure should now work again but if using Photoshop, it will now require re-boot (of Photoshop). Upon reboot of Photoshop, pressure will be back. 

If you do not have additional mouse then instead of selecting Stop the service in steps above, select Restart the service, and then wait for service to restart. When restarted, you must also reboot Photoshop for pressure to return. 

This way we do not have to wait for service to stop and then have no control over wacom pen. But first method is more reliable. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

why my reply was deleted????? why I am bother to help other users when my replies are deleted being?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you must either Stop and Restart the Wacom Professional Service, or you must only Restart the Wacom Professional Service.

The first option leaves user with no pen input, therefore needing additional mouse.

The second option is ok to keep using pen, but may not be as successful.

Is there problem with that??? I explained CLEARLY in first reply. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines