• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pen tool curving handle adjustment camera issue

New Here ,
Aug 28, 2018 Aug 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Often when I'm making fine adjustments to small curves, as the handle drifts off the viewport, the camera goes all over the place and ruin the curve. There's a great detail in Autodesk's 3DS Max where when you are using the mouse to make adjustments to points or moving up and down a scale, the mouse simply controls the item in question, and even will drift off the screen, resetting once I've let go of the tool.

This allows you to concentrate on the curve in question, not the location of the end of the handle and your mouse.

Does this mouse control already exist and could be changed in a setting? Or could it be a feature?

I understand I could simply zoom out, but sometimes I'm working on quite an extreme curve, making sure it matches well, so need to be zoomed in.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 01, 2018 Sep 01, 2018

Hi

As far as I am aware, this will need a feature request. You can make a request here:

Photoshop Family Customer Community

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Engaged ,
Aug 30, 2018 Aug 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - if you are dragging the handle of a curve beyond the canvas the canvas should automatically scroll to where the mouse is - as long as you are zoomed in so that the document extends beyond the canvas edges. If that is not happening, you could go Preferences > Tools > and check Overscroll.

Also if you let go of the mouse button and want to scroll the document without zooming back out, just press-and-hold the Spacebar, or the letter H on your keyboard, and the cursor will turn into the Hand tool until you let go of the key.

Hope that helps,

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2018 Sep 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The overscroll tip definitely helped one problem I had, which was the canvas not moving when zoomed out, which I didn't like and liked how it was done in illustrator.

But I think my main question was misunderstood. Essentially, I'd like the canvas to remain still, whilst my cursor moves "offscreen" so I can continue fine adjusting a curve and actually be able to see the result as it happens.

Similar to how in real like, if you were to pull on a tape measure, if your hand left your vision, you wouldn't follow your hand, you'd be staring at where the end of the tape measure to see how long it is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 01, 2018 Sep 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi

As far as I am aware, this will need a feature request. You can make a request here:

Photoshop Family Customer Community

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines