• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pen tool problems

Explorer ,
Jun 18, 2013 Jun 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just updates to Photoshop CC and I am having a problem with the pen tool. In CS6, if you made two point, and then added a point between them you could immediately move the middle point. Now in CC you must move your mouse off the point and back on for it to recognize it. There is a video of the problem at this link:

https://vimeo.com/68642070?email_id=Y2xpcF90cmFuc2NvZGVkfGY3YzlhMGQ1MWVkMTdkZTNmOTgzNGY5ODYxNWY0YjU2...

Any sugegstions? I've tried trashing my preferences (shift alt option on startup) and it did nothing.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 20, 2013 Jun 20, 2013

We are aware of path delay issues as well as the inability to set the intersection prior to path creation. Sorry for any inconvenience these issues are causing.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
People's Champ ,
Nov 14, 2013 Nov 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. I`ve noticed that bug first on 13.0.1.2

Release notes

Notable Windows specific bugs fixed

• Photoshop fails to launch on a limited user account system due to locked default scratch disk
  • Pen tool input doesn’t draw correctly
  • Improved Windows 8 tablet support

What do they done with pen tool? They breaked it. Return all back! What was incorrect with pen tool? Theay just brake it of.

p.s. sorry, my english is not good.

p.s.s, bug with ps help call i have seen even on ps7 on win98. But it was not such annoying as that with pen tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 20, 2014 Feb 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, no replies on this topic since last year??? Has Adobe abandoned the idea of fixing this issue, or does someone know a workaround. I just installed CC, and my work heavily relies on the pen tool, and this bug is going to force me to revert back to CS6. Anyone have a fix??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me, two updates ago it was fixed I believe. Which makes me super happy actually, haha.

Make sure you're on the latest update, and I'm assuming it should be fixed. I'm on a mac with 10.9.1 here, so Windows may be different.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate the quick reply nathanalf, however, I did update to 14.2.1, tried both the 32 and 64 bit versions and still have the lag. Interestingly enough though, I tried my wacom and no lag on the pen tool, although for me I'm not used to using the pen tool with a tablet at all, so this solution is counterproductive. I do see an update for Camera Raw, but I'm sure this wouldn't help the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oh, by the way, I apologize, I'm on Win7 64

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hear you - it can be frustrating. I had to resort to the same thing (using my tablet) when this bug reared its head, and that isn't the fastest way to work. I believe it was a bug update that came out before the latest update was released with perspective warp.

I would say install the camera raw update, and if that doesn't work - maybe go through some more drastic steps (reset Photoshop settings, and if that doesn't work consider deleting and reinstalling). I swear I remember a recent update saying in the changelog that it fixed some things to do with the pen tool - and that's the update it was fixed (for me).

And like I said - it *may* not be fixed on Windows yet. Although it's a bit surprising if it's not...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, thanks for the input, I'll probably do a system restart, test both versions, then have to go with the more drastic method and see what happens.

thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 21, 2014 Feb 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I did a total reinstall, got all available updates, and the pen tool worked fine the whole day yesterday. I even closed and reopened PS to "confirm" the lag was fixed, now this morning I open the app and it's lagging again. X(. I suppose this is something I'll have to live with, or go back to a previous version. Maddening to say the least.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 04, 2014 Mar 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this pen tool issue with PS CC - PS CS6 works fine.

After closing a path I cannot command+drag and move a point or command+click and activate a segment to access the curve handles. What works is adding an arbitrary point somewhere after closing hte path then I can manipulate the path properly. This isn't normal, anyone else can confirm this?

Latest update of PS CC and Mac 10.6.8

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 05, 2014 Mar 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know of a timeframe to fix these pen tool issues??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 10, 2014 Apr 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HELLO?? I'm sorry, I'm not one to complain, but this pen tool issue is getting ridiculous. Adobe, do you care?? Will this be addressed in the next update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 24, 2014 Apr 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

?! Come on! This is seriously starting to hinder my productivity! Does anyone care about this issue?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2014 Apr 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I try to install photoshop CS6 v13.0 in same drive wiith Photoshop CC.
And the problem with delay path is gone! and i still dont know why??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 15, 2014 Sep 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i wonder... in older version, we can hold down cmd key, and use pen tool to select any other path or shape, or cmd+click (in pen tool mode) to select path or shape,

but in this cc 2014, it cant be done... is this also bug?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines