• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pen Tool

Community Beginner ,
Oct 10, 2021 Oct 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It becomes the shape like the picutre when I trying to use the pen tool.

Please tell me why this is happening.The current pen tool setting is Path.

pen tool.JPG

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Oct 11, 2021 Oct 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you describe the problem in more detail. For example…

• Is this what it looks like before you even start drawing?
  • Are you trying to draw something specific?
  • etc…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please post screenshots with the pertinent Panels (Toolbar, Paths, Layers, Options Bar, …) visible? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use to pen tool for extract the outline. it possible to as 1.jpg. but appear shape when I use pen tool.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the second attachment, You should use pen tool to  point on edges not everywhere. This would create outline for selection. You should use standard pen tool with its default setting. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please post screenshots with the pertinent Panels (Toolbar, Paths, Layers, Options Bar, …) visible

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your experience level with the Pen tool @재호노94714560 ?

In 1.jpg, it appears that you are clicking to create corner points. In your second image, it appears you are dragging out direction lines to create curves.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

attached a screenshots. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like you're using the curvature pen tool, you may have shift-clicked P by mistake.

Make sure the normal pen tool is active

.Screenshots 2021-10-12 at 01.32.16.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You want to have the fewest control points as possible. If you look at the bird illustration.  You see there  is a white background and 11 color fill shape. Shape layer can only have a single fill. An empty fill, solid color fill, gradient fill or pattern fill. So your  PSD will have a white  background  layer and 11 solid color shape layers, You want the shape layers to have the fewest control points as possible so they will be crisp and smooth as possible. Work on one shape at a time. and create close paths with the right type of merge node.  I start by just clicking on the obvious corner type control points with the pen tool to create a closed path with  no curves.  Then I'll will switch to the curvature pen tool to edit curves into the Path to conform the path to the shape I'm creating, You can edit a Shape Layer's Vector layer mask using  all the vector tools. You can always improve Layer Mask. You can also add a Vector Layer mask to a raster pixels image layer. It will be like a shape layer that is not a fill layer.

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines