• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Performance Bottleneck

Community Beginner ,
Aug 05, 2024 Aug 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using a windows 10, Ryzen9, 128GB RAM, Geforce 1050.

When using the "Rauschreduzierung" in CameraRaw on a fullformat Picture (Nikond850) it takes 8 Minutes for the result.

In the Taskmanager or the resourcemonitor everything looks bored (CPU, RAM, Disk), but the whole system seems very busy when I try to use other programs in parallel.

So where [cursing removed] is the bottleneck??

Any Ideas?

Clemens

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@clemensiv have you checked the GPU usage in task manager, the noise reduction feature uses the GPU, on my system it takes about 15 seconds with an RTX 3090, GPU usage is about 95%

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nem só de CPU o Photoshop se alimenta. GPU está cada vez mais sendo utilizada em recursos de filtros, sejam neurais ou não. Uma nVidia GeForce 1050 está perdida no meio do seu setup. Ela não irá acompanhar o restante do setup.

Recomendo ao menos uma RTX 4060Ti, ou se o orçamento permitir, vá para 4070 Super ou melhor. Com certeza você terá um bom acréscimo de desempenho em muitas tarefas de processamento dentro do Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As mentioned earlier, Noise reduction has been moved to the GPU. Your graphics card is old and not quite suitable for this task. Pairing a Ryzen 9 with a 1050 will always create a bottleneck. Sometimes it may not be noticeable, but when working with graphics, images, and videos, you will often encounter performance bottlenecks.

https://pc-builds.com/bottleneck-calculator/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can not see a GPU usage. Only the GPU ram is a bit busy.
Can you suggest a NVIDIA that would suit me? I do not play games at all 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click the link in my previous reply and use the calculator or visit PugetBench at https://benchmarks.pugetsystems.com/benchmarks/. Enter "photoshop" in the "Application" text field and type your CPU in the "System Specs" text field to filter the results. Look for the combinations that provide good, average, or excellent results. It's all about your needs and budget.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where is the difference between the 3060 and the 4060?
And how much GPU RAM would you suggest?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The 4060 is a newer graphics card and offers better performance. If you're not using video editing software, then 4GB is sufficient, but 6GB or 8GB would be even better. I recommend a minimum of 4GB, but feel free to choose a GPU with 8GB or more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THX a lot - that really helped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 11, 2024 Aug 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I replaced the 1050 with an 4060ti and now the process went down from 8 minutes to 15 seconds.

A big thanks to everyone!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 11, 2024 Aug 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@clemensiv 

Wow! Thanks for sharing the speed difference. 

Please mark one or more helpful answers "Correct" for us.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines