Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Perspective Tool problem

Explorer ,
Sep 15, 2018 Sep 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everybody,

I have a little problem when I try to use a Perspective Tool with some images or levels. The problem is this :
"You can not use the Perspective Cutout tool because the image contains unsupported types of layers" some one can explain me why this happen? I don't understand why it happen and I'd try to rasterize the levels or the images but don't work. The problem can be a smart object? or a level blocked? or maybe a masks?

Thanks in advance!

[Spelling changed from Prospective To Perspective by moderator for clarity]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Sep 15, 2018 Sep 15, 2018

Any Smart Object - no Perspective Crop. You dont't crop exact layer - you want to crop whole image!!

If you want to crop only selected layer you can use Free Transform Tool (CTRL+T) and use any transformation you need - ony on layer

pawel

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You cant's use Perspective Crop on Smart Object

pawel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't use it if there is one or more smart object between my levels? Because I've tried to use the tool on a level that is not a smart object and the prospective tool don't work the same 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any Smart Object - no Perspective Crop. You dont't crop exact layer - you want to crop whole image!!

If you want to crop only selected layer you can use Free Transform Tool (CTRL+T) and use any transformation you need - ony on layer

pawel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really thanks for your fast answer and thanks for the explain Pawel   !

Have a nice day and thanks again!!

Carlotta.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2021 Sep 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what you say man?

we want to use perspective crop tool,Not anything else.

Give me a solution for this PLS!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2021 Sep 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

happens to me too..i flatten the layers then i can use the tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2022 Jun 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here is the solution for that error message. Flatten the image, even if it looks like there is only 1 layer. Then the perspective crop tool works correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines