• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photomerge not starting

New Here ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a problem with photoshop V22.1.1... Whenever I start photomerge photoshop freezes and I can't do anything. I have to kill it from the task manager...

Can anyone help?

Thanks

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At what point does Photoshop Freeze. Does the Script Dialog open?  If it Does Can you navigate to where your files are and select them? If you can select them are they added to the Dialog? If the are can you set options then start the stitching process? At what point in the Photomerge process does Photoshop 22.1.1 Freeze? It works on my Windows 10 PC.

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It freezes before opening the dialogue!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure the Script is not corrupt it should have 1230 lines of code. It also uses the stack mode script check those also:

CreateImageStack.jsx  1399 lines

Geometry.jsx                874 lines

LatteUI.jsx                   411 lines

PolyClip.jsx                 248 lines

StackSupport.jsx          1074 lines

image.png

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uninstalled and reinstalled photoshop and the problem presisted. I don't a coding software to show the line count. I tried copying it to MS word but wouldn't give me code lines.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actually noticed another thing... The photoshop is freeazing upon opening other dialogues such as Help>System Info...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded notepad++ and checked the scripts...They all tally with your numbers. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure your GPU is supported and you have the latest Device driver available for it from its manufacturer's web site installed in you System. Also try resetting your Photoshop Preferences and tools. Re-installing Photoshop does not reset your Photoshop preferences. Photoshop preferences are created the first time you start Photoshop and there are preferences saved for your User ID.   So your old Photoshop preferences will still be used  by the re-installed Photoshop. 

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I kind of have solved the problem.. in case anyone has the same issue... I was trying to access the photomerge from the menus File>Automate>Photomerge.

Instead I opened my photos in camera RAW and then did the photomerge through the camera raw...

The first method still doesn't work with me for some reason...  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 23, 2022 Aug 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. How did you open your photos in camera RAW to do photomerge?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 24, 2022 Aug 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@dixon.home 

I think @ESS2912 misspoke when they said "ACR".

You can choose Photomerge in Adobe Bridge from Tools > Photoshop > Photomerge. I usually filter to the images first after giving them a ranking so I don't have to browse.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 25, 2022 Aug 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought they might have misspoke, but choosing in Bridge just goes to
Photoshop and hangs. The 2020 version of Photoshop works though, so I have
a way to do merges as a workaround.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 23, 2022 Sep 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this identical problem on my new top of line HP Sceptre 13.5 Win11 i7, with latest update of Photoshop. Has neither Adobe, nor anyone, found a fix yet?  When I reboot the laptop from scratch PS does one Automate-Photomerge - then it hangs when trying the 2nd - nothing works. If I kill PS as a process, and restart, no help - I must do a restart of the entire PC.
Please pass on any fixes available - this is a key feature I use frequently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 23, 2022 Sep 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Mine is also top of the line HP Spectre 15" with Win Pro 11 and high-end
graphics.

I sought support from HP but they closed my case. There are numerous
instances of this problem being reported by users all over the internet
(all unsolved). HP probably can't solve unless they buy one of the new HP
Spectre laptops to watch it crash while stepping through their code.
Otherwise, if they can't reproduce the problem, not sure they can solve.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines