• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photos in the folder disappeared when I use Batch option in photoshop

Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2024 Mar 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photos in the folder disappeared when I use, Batch option in photoshop. I did File ->auomate-> batch. Only one time the action got executed though many photos were in the folder. Then I opened source folder, no photos in the folder. In my destination folder, there was only one photo. This bug happened for me for the first time.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could it be that your Batch process simply overwrote the same file every time it made a save?

Could you post more details about the Batch process itself?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Michael for your response. I have kept more than 50 photos in the source folder. And I have created empty destination folder. I have defined the action (1. image resize 2. save for web 3. close the current file 4. save no 5. end the action). Then I ran the batch processing. When I ran the action it was executed only once, then I checked the source folder no images left over there. I could see only one image in the destination folder. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No worries mate. Happy to try and help.

When you save for web...
1. Does the new file get a new dynamic name each time? Or
2. Does the new file get saved every time with the same name?

If it's option 2, this would explain why you only have one file in the destination folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Option 2. But I have been doing this for several years. So far so good. Yes, as you told couuld explain why.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 17, 2024 Jun 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photos in the folder disappeared when I use Batch Option in Photoshop. SAME ISSUE

June 16, 2024 Photoshop CC

I opened hundreds of images from one folder, then batched them with an action ending with save to: the designated folder as I've always done. This is part of my workflow and has worked like this for years.

To be clear, this is opening images from one folder, then designating another folder for them to save-to as they are batch processed.

I'm amazed that his is the only report I've found about this issue.

This isn't overwriting original files, it's creating new files after processing and saving into a new designated folder.

I went to organize the files in the new folder.

The folder is there.

There are no images at all in the designated folder.

Photoshop opened all files as always.

Selected Automate, and selected the action as well as the save to designated folder.

The program performed as always, processing and saving every single image until all were done.

After this batch processing function, I went to pull newly altered files from the designated folder to find no images at all.

No alerts, no notifications from the Photoshop App.

Still searching for a solution for this problem. 

Windows 11, Photoshop CC

Batch Processing JPEG images

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 17, 2024 Jun 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

FIXED IT!

During Batch Processsing, after selecting -

Automate, Batch, then when the panel opens, don't forget to "X" the box that says Override Action Save As.

This guarantees that new files are created and moved into the folder you designate.

Previously the box was Not "X-d" and the batch process failed to create new files in the newly designated folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines