Copy link to clipboard

Copied

photoshop 20004.jpg

In CS6 this function works fine.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 18, 2019 Apr 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, hold Shift when applying the transformation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2019 Apr 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is a bug, shift key doesn't help.

PS CC doesn't snap to guidelines:

Vágólap01.jpg

Vágólap02.jpg

PS CS6 works fine:

Vágólap03.jpg

Vágólap04.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then its always been a bug.  When Snap to All is enable the transform tool will normally snap to guide lines when you use the tool. However, It will not snap to guides when you use the Ctrl|CMD modifier key. At least on windows. I use the legacy transform option in CC 2019 version 20.0.4.   It also works that way in the other version of Photoshop I have installed. CS3, CS6, CC 2014 and CC 2018

However sometimes it does seem to work in CS6 but not always. Here I may have use the Alt kry fot it look like the other control points the were on the guide line are now off them but the top right corner did snap to the guides.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JJ, I did a similar series of test just now. To rule out the Control key issue, I used Edit > Transform > Distort.

CS4 snapped to the guides rather aggressively. Versions of CC prior to 2019 do snap, but much more subtly. CC2019, however, did not snap at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 20, 2019 Apr 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As I wrote I use legacy transform operayion in CC 2019 version 20.0.4  I normally do Transform Distort using Ctrl+T and use the Ctrl key but have your snapping problen in all versions of Photoshop. If I use menu Edit>Transform>Distort I do not have snapping problems draging control points the snap to guides.

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 18, 2019 Apr 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How are you Photoshop View Snap to setting currently set?  It look like you using the Ctrl key to distort a transform shape.  If you want the anchor point to snap to the guides the snap to setting must be enabled.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines