• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 2017 Issues

Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2016 Nov 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Truly what a mess of an update. Ive been using this for half an hour and its prevented me from opening files, cant close a file once its open, cant save a file so when it inevitably crashes I have to start all over again!! What the hell??

Is there anyway of going back? I notice instead of retaining the previous version its dumped it! What am I paying for??

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 05, 2016 Nov 05, 2016

I'll start with two suggestions:

Restart your Mac.  This may seem elementary, but if you have not, it can clear things.

If that is not helping, Reset Prefs. I've a feeling your imported ones may not be playing well withe new install.

Reset Prefs CC 2015.png

Now there's a third thing: Adobe Camera Raw's GPU settings.

Uncheck that for the time being. Then if not already set, check on your GTX 680 under "Use Graphics Processor" in Photoshop.

Ps might run sluggish at first, but it should speed up once it knows what to do.  And

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Explorer ,
Feb 23, 2018 Feb 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I wish they'd let me go back to like 5 versions ago. There hasn't been a single useful feature, and with each update something gets worse. I'm having bizarro crashes, the app technically doesn't crash, everything just stops working completely and I have to exit and reopen it. Oddly I can still save files with commands, but that's it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 23, 2018 Feb 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can install and use any or all earlier versions in this list as a perk of your CC membership. Here's how:

Downgrade1.png

Next:

Downgrade2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines