• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 2019: Generator error

New Here ,
Feb 18, 2019 Feb 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you select Export as or Save for web on PSP 2019 I get the error message Photoshop 2019: Generator error "If the problem persists remove any third-party plugins or try reinstalling Photoshop" . I tried to uninstall all the CC cloud and all applications using the adobe cleaner but nothing. If I install only the CC2018 here it works Does anyone know how to solve on the operating system WIN 10?

[Title shortened for brevity by moderator. Was “Photoshop 2019: Generator error "There is a problem with Generator. Please quit Photoshop and try again. If the problem persists remove any third-party plugins or try reinstalling Photoshop"]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you develop for the web and use Adobe generatop plug-in?  I don't so I do not even enable Generator.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whether enabled or not enabled by the same error

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's an interesting entry. Seems a permissions problem trips that error:

mikepasini.com | Photo Corners | Solving That Adobe Generator Problem -- Again

For Windows, this file is here: C:\Users\[your username]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2019\Generator\logs

The idea is to delete the Adobe folder and Photoshop will recreate a new one with the correct permissions.

Or simply delete the CC 2019 folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 17, 2020 Jan 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked and Adobe created a new folder. Now let us see how long it will work for!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 22, 2020 Jan 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another fix that didn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 24, 2020 Jan 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It took me a while because I am not admin for corporate malwarebytes so i had to submit a ticket. The node.exe exclusion fixed my issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2019 May 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This fixed my problem. The message was more of an annoyance than a serious problem unless, I suppose, you are developing for the web.

Thanks,

Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 25, 2019 May 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The fix is only temporary and will return. Yet another annoying recurring bug in the rotten core of Photoshop that Adobe are somehow unable to permanently fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2020 Jan 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the solution here.

It worked for me. Step by step instruction with screenshot.

https://techiestechguide.com/there-is-a-problem-with-generator-photoshop/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but I would not call that a solution but a "work-around".

The best SOLUTION so far is the one about adding the offending file/folder
to the allow list in Malwarebytes like it's been stated here multiple times.

Cheers!
*Luis* Diaz
*luis.diaz@MJMcreative.com*
*t* 646 230-5495* |* m 917 696-0545

--
mjmcreative.com | rethinkyourmeeting.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does not work for me or many others. There is already a post with this "fix". However most found that Photoshop just rechecks the "Enable Generator" box next time it's started.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Try this, in Settings

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2019 Aug 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that worked for me thanks !!

ps. i also turned off real-time protection

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2019 Sep 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Works for me as well! Thank you 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 09, 2019 Oct 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I disabled only controlled folder access and Photoshop launches without this error message.
Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2020 Jan 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANKS  Worked

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not using Windows defender security, so pretty confident it's not a viable fix for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 25, 2019 Dec 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the CC Cleaner tool to uninstall Photoshop entirely.

I have tried all of the solutions online but this is the only tool that solved the problem:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/kb/elements-installation-error-CC-cleaner-tool.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 02, 2020 Jan 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to fix this problem.  Adobe support helped me track down the root cause.  Not sure if it's the same for everyone else, but in my registry, there was a setting that was pointing to a directory on a drive that I have since removed.  Previous to finding this solution, I had uninstalled photoshop (both 2019 and 2020 affected) and ran the cleaner tool, followed tons of directions and the problem remained.  Eventually, the following simple fix took care of it for me.  I hope it helps you too!

Steps :-

Please Close Photoshop cc

Open Task manager and close all Adobe processes

Then Go to the start menu on Windows and type regedit. Then... 

Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders 

When there, on the right-side Window under "Name" you will see a line for "Personal" 

On the right of that is "Data" and next to "Personal" please remove it (or fix the value)

Then click on File and exit Regedit. Restart Photoshop and use it.  

Enjoy!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2020 Jan 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much i can't thank you enough THANKYOU!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Didn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 09, 2020 Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

your problem must have been different. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 09, 2020 Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You same my day dude!! I try everything and this is the only way to fix it 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 09, 2020 Jan 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just started running into this with Photoshop 2020. After chasing down potential solutions with Photoshop, I ultimately found that it had to do with MalwareBytes that I have installed. I just needed to add this one file to the allow list in MalwareBytes:

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2020\node.exe

After that, everthing works fine. No more generator errors. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines