• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 2020 (21.0.1) 'eating' files - macOS Catalina

New Here ,
Dec 04, 2019 Dec 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone else having an issue where they save a PS file and it gets to 99% and just hangs there forever? Occasionally it will sit at 0% and not move but mostly it gets to 99% then crashes, causing the original PS file to be 'eaten' and destroyed. When I restart PS and re-open the file, I just get a single layer that looks like the Bifrost bridge in Thor. Im in PS 21.0.1 - Catalina 10.15.1. Screenshot of what my files end up looking like is attached.

Screen Shot 2019-12-04 at 12.35.19 PM.png

{Thread renamed by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Warren,

Sorry to hear about Photoshop freezing, could you please try enabling "Legacy compositing" located in Photoshop's Preferences > Performance, then relaunch Photoshop and let us know if it helps?

Also, where are you saving the file? Internal drive or External?

What's the size of the files that you're saving in Photoshop?

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, that does not work. Files are saved to an external drive and are only 12-15 Mb in size.

New screenshot attached. After changing to Legacy Compositing and restarting PS - I still get hung up saving at 99%.

Screen Shot 2019-12-04 at 2.01.59 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Don't save directly to an external drive. Save locally, then move.

Although saving to an external drive should normally work, it's risky and not recommended. And apparently there's a Catalina issue involved here as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines