• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 2020 Blank work-space issue: Black Screen

Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2019 Nov 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't seem to open any files or start any new docs in the new update, I had no issues with the previous version and now that I updated I have this plain black screen regardless of what I do? How do I get my art board and images back?Screen Shot 2019-11-14 at 4.18.02 pm.png

{Thread renamed by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Nov 14, 2019 Nov 14, 2019

Ok thanks I tried that but it didn't work so I have just uninstalled the new photoshop and put the older version back in and it's fine now.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Feb 06, 2020 Feb 06, 2020

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2020 Mar 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This right here is the best solution. Thanks! What an annoying issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 24, 2020 Mar 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you!  

I tried downloading 4 different images of basically the same thing because I thought PS was encountering some encrypted-copyright restriction on the files.  You very well may be my new favorite person.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2020 Mar 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Absolute Legend, thank you! 🙌🏾

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2020 Mar 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are brilliant! Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2020 Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked! Nice, but now that we uncheck this, what was it for?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2020 Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!  You're a lifesaver!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2020 Apr 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dude! you're my prophet!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2020 Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG, I thought I'd to have to spend hours and irritate my tech friends with this problem . . phew, worked like magic.. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2020 May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perfect! Thank you! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2020 May 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks - unreal that my first experience of Photoshop 2020 is that all my work is blank. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2020 May 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2020 Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!!! It helped 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2020 Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the same problem. This fixed the problem.  

Adobe should give this suggestion on when people download there app.

Thank You,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue only when i click away from photoshop. So if i go to google something or check my copy doc in word, the artwork disappears until i click on the artbord again. This solution did not work for me. PLEASE HELP!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!  Your's is the first answer I finally found that work after combing multiple sites and answers! Problem finally resolved!  Yippee!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just upgraded to Big Sur yesterday, and PS 2021 a few days ago. Working fine for a while then the Big Black Box appeared today. Did as you suggested, had to quit and reopen, then it worked. After a few minutes, random gray boxes appear but disappear if I click around the page. Went back in and rechecked 'use graphics processor' and so far, no black box but yes, still gray boxes. Or, if you prefer, "grey" boxes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2020 Dec 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2021 Aug 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!!! This is the only thing that has worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2022 Mar 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just wanna say thank you! Bro you have no idea how desperate I was. Thank you Thank you Thank you. this was ANNOYING

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2020 May 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't tell if my problem is the same as everyone's problem here but what's happening to me is my documents are blank everytime PS gets focus. So if I flip off of PS to another program and then back to PS the docuement is blank. Lots of clicks bring it back. Some of the toolbar icons (not all). Hiding or unhiding guides. One you click something the image appears. Quite annoying. Yes I've restarted both PS and my computer. I have 16 gigs ram. Doesn't have to be large file. Thanks in advance! - Blu

Screen Shot 2020-05-30 at 9.07.20 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2020 Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue! As soon as I click off Photoshop to access another program this happens. Have to hide/unhide a layer to get everything back 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes! This is exactly what's happening to me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 08, 2020 Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing happening to me and it's infuriating. Not only does this happen every single time I switch/flip to another application (like a Finder window); but text areas go black momentarily when I attempt to edit text. I've tried every solution on this thread that I could find and nothing works. This is killing my efficiency and workflow. In order to get PS to render my workspace I have to zoom in/zoom out to make everything reappear, or do some other random action. This means if I'm trying to drag/drop files onto an Artboard, when I flip to the Finder window, and then come back, I can't see where I'm dropping anything, it's gone.

I've never had any problems running anything on this Macbook Pro, not in 5 years. It runs everything I can throw at it and it's meticulously maintained. Here are the specs:

• MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015)
  • 2.5 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7

• 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

• AMD Radeon R9 M370X 2 GB

Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB

At this point I have no idea how to troubleshoot something as large as Photoshop. Everything just always works on this system. Should I just uninstall the latest version? This absolutley sucks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 19, 2019 Nov 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check on "Legacy Composting" in Performance > Preferences

Sometimes the new compositing engine doesn't work too well on some systems and you see that blank screen as a result.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2019 Nov 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines