• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 2020 cannot open files on an AFP Server macOS 10.14.6 Mojave

Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2019 Dec 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've recently installed PS 2020 (clean install, not an upgrade), and found I cannot open image files off a server mounted AFP. Co-worker has the same problem. Mounted SMB - yes, AFP - no. For a number of reasons we need to mount most of servers AFP.

Previous versions of PS are able open these files without problem.

PS Bug.png

My Mac:

OS 10.14.6 Mojave

iMac 27in 2019

Photoshop 20.0.1

Any help here would be greatly appreciated!

Regards,

Mike.

{Thread renamed by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mike,

Welcome to the Adobe Community!

Sorry about the disk error, however, we do not recommend saving or opening files through a network as it might cause many issues and errors, please check this link for more info: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/networks-removable-media-photoshop.html

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for getting back to me Sahil. 

We've been working this way for over 16 years now, and it's never been an issue. For larger files, I'll certainly work off my desktop, but for most of the day-to-day work, it's quicker and easier to work off the server and not suffle files around constantly.

As it's never been an issue before, I'm hoping Adobe will address it.

Tx!

Mike.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 06, 2019 Dec 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, I see that others are able to save to an AFP, albeit with a small issue: https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/photoshop-creates-an-empty-folder-called-phot... but on older MacOS versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines