• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 2020 - Content Aware Crop Does Not Work

Contributor ,
Dec 06, 2019 Dec 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a bug in Photoshop 21, most recent version, where content aware crop does not work.

I have a single layer as background, I "make background" so it is a layer, and then I do the content aware crop and it does not work.

Had worked in the previous version without problems. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are sorry about the issue you are with Photoshop and the content aware crop.

Would you mind sharing your workflow and share a screenshot of the image after you have used the Crop tool with content aware? Also, which operating system are you currently working with?

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I no longer  have the file in that state as I simply worked on a copy layer with the regular content aware fill.

But I can describe you the steps.

1. Flatten image

2. Make layer

3. create a crop frame reaching outside the image borders. "Content aware fill" is checked in the crop tool's control panel

4. Hit enter to crop. 

5. Result: the original image plus the background in black where you extended the image via crop tool. If you uncheck "delete cropped pixels" you get a transparent area where you wanted the extended image area instead of the content aware fill. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2021 Jan 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i think this was one of great feature which Adobe has taken out.. can this be rolled out by Adobe as a update to 2021 version.  by the way i use mac and dont know if this issue is related to Mac / windows

Mahesh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2020 Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, very anoying

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is Adobe fixing this? Has been a problem in CC2020 and 2021. Works fine in 2019 and prior.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems to only work after I flatten all my layers but I don't like flattening my layers. It used to work after merging visible layers, but not in 2020 or 2021. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 02, 2021 May 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, content aware cropping is not working. I have a Mac, latest Big Sur OS and latest PS version. The content aware crop is not working in ANY file, no matter the flow, if it is a single or multiple corners/sides of the photo. Please solve this !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2022 Aug 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not working for me either... Came here hoping for an answer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines