• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 2020: Gradient map photo toning presets gone

New Here ,
Nov 04, 2019 Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gradient map/click arrow/click gear=USED TO have photo toning presets (among others) in there. Now I just get "restore default" or "import gradients". Anyone know what happened to them? These worked fine until I upgraded to PS 2020 this morning.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 04, 2019 Nov 04, 2019

Hi

Go to Window > Gradients to open the gradients panel.

At the drop down menu (top right) choose "Legacy Gradients"

When you now use gradient map you will see a "legacy gradients" folder in the down arrow list. Click on that and the photo toning presets are there.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not on mine. Just... missing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This goes with my earlier comment. I have duplicates, but no photo tonong. It's completely gone. Please help if you can. Thanks

Screen Shot 2020-07-20 at 5.32.08 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 15, 2020 Aug 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes,.... I have the same problem now... ocean_beach; do you know the solution now? gr kim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 15, 2020 Aug 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Follow the instructions in the original answer. Then scroll down.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 23, 2020 Dec 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have this option period - scrolling down doesn't have any presets at all?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave,  

I don't think you understand. We have followed all the steps.  Please read our responses carefully instead of assuming we are just ignoring your advice or that we don't know what we are doing.

There are no drop down menus. 

It's hard to follow steps when you don't have the tools available to actually follow the steps.

There is no legacy option.

Our menu ends at export selected gradients.

That is it, there is nothing more.

The window option does not open a further menu to the side either. It gives us gradients. That is it.

So repeating yourself and the steps over and over is of no use. We can all read and follow basic steps, but if there are no options available to follow these steps its no use. Please, Please help us. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @TabsyTabs 

When following Dave's steps:

• Go to the Window menu (not options bar) and open the panel called Gradients.
  • The panel menu is the four lines in the upper right of the Gradient panel

If it's not working for you, we need two things:

• Your version of Photoshop (this is a new feature and will not be in older versions)
  • A screen shot so we can see what you are seeing. This will help us to better assist.

If you do have an older version of PS then you will not see a legacy option, as they have not yet become legacy, and you will not have a Gradient panel in the Window menu.

Here is Adobe Help on Gradients:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/gradients.html

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines