Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 2020 Update Freezes When Saving

Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2019 Dec 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good evening to all, 

Since a couple of days ago, when I downloaded the latest update of Photoshop 2020, I have started to have very serious and hugely annoying problems with saving files in PS. 

I was working on the project when I wanted to save the file after another couple of changes that I made. BUT when I hit the CMD + S, the saving always stops at 35% and just stays like that forever. The only way how to close the PS then is through the "Force Quit" command of the PS BUT which completely damages the file you wanted to save and so if you don't save your files quite often you lose the whole file! To top that Force Quitting command up, I always have to restart the whole computer!...

It is a really serious problem as I have experienced that for like 6th time in 2 days already... 

So, please, is there any chance that anybody from Adobe knows any workaround for that issue?? OR, please, try to fix that problem ASAP as it is enormously annoying. 

Many thanks! 

Krystof 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Dec 02, 2019 Dec 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What OS are you using and what is the specific version number of Photoshop you are running?

Also where are you trying to save your file? Local, external HD, network share, etc?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 03, 2019 Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

Many thanks for your response. 

My OS is MacOS Catalina ver. 10.15.1

And the version of PS is 21.0.1

Actually, I always work with my External HD so I would always try to save that file on my External HD.

Hope that helps!

Hope to hear from you soon.

Krystof 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 03, 2019 Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try saving to your local HD and see if that works without issue.

Also with Catalina there are a bunch more security settings you have to check.

Make sure you have full read/write access to your external and that Photoshop is allowed to make changes to your HD in your System Preferences/Security settings.

https://helpx.adobe.com/content/dam/help/en/photoshop/kb/photoshop-and-macos-catalina/jcr_content/ma... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 18, 2019 Dec 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Morning, 

I have tried that and it didn't work.. I really thought it was all done, but it happened again right now. 

Any chance you have any other recommendation?

Many thanks.

Krystof 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 03, 2020 Jan 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning!

The problem still persists even though I also tried to download the previous version of Photoshop (2019) which previously worked flawlessly... 

Can you please do something with it or recommend me any other way how to solve this problem I freak out of?

Many thanks! Hope to hear from you soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 03, 2020 Jan 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So you are experiencing the same save issue to your local HD?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines