• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 2022 Lighting Effects greyed out

New Here ,
Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One of my biggest gripes I have right with the latest Photoshop versions is that using the lighting effects proven to be difficult and a source of user toil. It used to work just fine a long time ago when I used Photoshop on Windows 98 but now the feature and its setup has become too cumbersome to use. 

Right now, I have a bug in which, after following the advice on this forum, I was able to get "lighting effects handles appearing in Photoshop 2021." However, after a recent upgrade to Photoshop 2022, now the lighting effects is just plain greyed out without explanation.

I looked at the posts on GPU compatibility and that doesn't seem to be an issue on my Mac. 

Screen Shot 2021-11-29 at 3.53.45 AM.png

Here's my OS info:

Screen Shot 2021-11-29 at 3.55.18 AM.png

Anyone have any ideas?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lighting effects uses the 3D engine which is being discontinued in Photoshop.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/3d-faq.html

You may be able to get it working by going to Preferences > Performance and checking Disable Native Canvas. Then click OK and close and restart Photoshop. However if that is not succesful then you may need to re-install v22.2 or earlier from the CC desktop app.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2021 Dec 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please please bring back Lighting Effects ASAP - and please no work arounds ..I'm paying good money for this to work flawlessly

Pat Coffey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2023 Jan 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you foolish enough to believe Adobe values their customers? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2022 Aug 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please explain why Lighting Effect is being discontinued? I know it is a conversation that is not new. But this feature is very useful. I have been using it on all my photos presenting my art projects. I also think that there is quite a significant number of people in the Adobe community that thinks the same. I think you should make the decision of leaving it and enhancing it. Best,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 25, 2023 Jan 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The decision is explained by Adobe in the link, two posts above yours. I've linked it here again:

https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/photoshop/kb/3d-faq.html

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines