• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 2022 Text tool shortcut stopped working correctly

Community Beginner ,
Jul 21, 2022 Jul 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the previous update, I can't active the Type tool in Photoshop by hitting T. It will switch to it, then immediately switch back to whatever the previous tool was. If you click T and click the image fast enough, sometimes you can catch it. I was hoping the next update would fix it, but it did not. I use the Type tool a lot, so this is not great behavior.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I click the Text icon using the mouse, it is fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps you're using spring loaded tools. The technique is described at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axXc_0JbV4s

Learn how to use spring-loaded keys in Photoshop to temporarily switch between tools. Details below... Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/MichaelBullo Most Photoshop tools have their own keyboard shortcut. For example... - Brush Tool: B key - Eyedropper Tool: I key - Eraser Tool: E key Tapping the ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 22, 2022 Jul 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it only happens with the Text tool. Every other tool's shortcut key works fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2022 Aug 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MisterKing, 

I am having the same issue and it's really annoying. Nothing in this thread is working. Have you found a resolution to the issue? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, not yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 26, 2022 Jul 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @MisterKing3501, curious if you have rolled back a version of Ps and if the issue still is there?

Thank you,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 28, 2022 Nov 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it is truly insane to me that an Adobe pro can jump into a recent workflow problem Adobe has created for its lifelong veteran users, and before suggesting that it may be some dumb, new, add-on they just released without consulting the larger community of users, that throws us all off - the first thing is to ask if we're using outdated releases? NO - Adobe CC updates several times a week and each time, it breaks another commonly-used feature that we've all be used to for many years! 
I swear, my blood pressure and stress has gone up to unsafe levels in the past few years of Adobe pushing multiple updates that break, fix, and break again all of our workflows and projects! ARGH!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2022 Dec 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree 100,000%

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've seen something similar on the Mac with spring-loaded tools and a Wacom tablet, but not on Windows 10 with Wacom. FYI.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 17, 2022 Aug 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work on Windows PC and am having this problem on both my desktop and laptop. It is messing up my workflow. Please Adobe fix this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2022 Sep 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know why they added the (T) Text tool as spring-loaded. They keep changing these little things that make our life miserable.

I got around it disabling all Spring Loaded Tool shortcuts in Preferences/Tools

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2022 Dec 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I unchecked the spring loaded option (never even knew this was a thing. I guess I've lived without it THIS long!) in Preferences and now the text tool shortcut (T) works as intended. I've used this program for 32 years and never had this issue. I agree that putting the blame on the user is absolutely the wrong move. It's clearly an Adobe problem. And they should fix it instead of shifting the blame.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2023 Apr 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Man, thank you so much. Trying to compete with other software solutions, Adobe is doing wrong moves in their products. The solution is to create new softwares, not messing the existing ones. You helped me a lot! Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 07, 2023 Aug 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

God bless you! You save so much nervousness for me. And shame for Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2023 Nov 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This saved me many moments of irritation and stress. Thank you very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2024 Mar 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This worked for me. Thank you! The "T" Shortcut now works and it stays on the Type Tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2022 Oct 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Edit / Preferences / Tools . Uncheck "spring- loader tool shotcut" 
Good luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 23, 2023 Jan 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!!!! God I was getting frustrated with this! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2024 Feb 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks man

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 16, 2022 Dec 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pathetic devs. Complete BS. Blood preasure nigthmare. India devs == bad user experience. PATHETIC!

All this sh^%#$^ started about 2-3 years ago. What a joke!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2023 May 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has still not been fixed as of the latest version of Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2023 Nov 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not a bug, just a bit of a strange decision by Adobe. The text tool is now spring-loaded, which means you need to not just push, but hold the T key, and then click a text layer before releasing the T key. I don't like it but it was done on purpose.

This can be disabled under Edit -> Preferences -> Tools -> uncheck "Spring-loaded Tool Shortcuts". Then everything works as before again.

In case anyone else is worried about the hand tool: it continues to have spring-loading when the mentioned setting is off. So holding the spacebar to move the document is still possible after this settings change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines