• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 2023 - Could Not apply the select & Mask workspace because the file was not found

Explorer ,
Aug 21, 2023 Aug 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Photoshop 2023 version 24.7 

I'm trying to do a simple select & mask on an image and I get this message 

"could not apply the select & mask workspace because the file was not found." - screenshot attached

The file itself is in the same folder on my comp & has not moved. 

I've tried uninstalling & reinstalling photoshop. How do I fix this issue. 

I'm running MacOS Monterey version 12.6 Someone please help 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Aug 21, 2023 Aug 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @sc86186330 Try resetting your Photoshop preferences manually. Note: Reinstalling does not automatically reset them so you could be installing over bad preference files:
https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#reset-preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 22, 2023 Aug 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Kevin, 

Thank you for the help & suggestions. I tried this, following the directions in the link as well as manually resetting preferences. 

Unfortunately neither of these worked & I still have the same issue. I'm also getting this popup every time I close & open photoshop. 

"Could not save preferences because the file is lokced, you do not have necessary access permissions or another program is using the file."

Again I have also tried uninstalling & reinstalling photoshop & that also did not solve. 

Please if anyone else has suggestions this is a very frustrating issue. Would like to solve today. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah - that is telling. Quit Photoshop, go to the photoshop.exe app and shift+right-click the app and choose "Run as administrator" - any improvement and does the pop up go away? Uninstall and reinsall does not resolve that issue. It could be that your Windows user account is not an admin on the computer meaning you have read/write permissions issues with system folder resources including fonts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thanks again. How do I run this command if I'm on a mac? 

Also I checked & confirmed, I'm logged in as an admin & I have ability to change read / write permissions on apps + folders. Thanks for the help in trying to solve this issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines