• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 2023 crashes immediately after launch

Explorer ,
Feb 24, 2023 Feb 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the las update of Photoshop 2023 V 24.2 the software crashes when opening any file, it load the splash screen ok, then when you try to open anytingh is freezes and you have to end the task, I didn't have any problem till now, I didn't do any changes to my hardware or OS, heare are my computer specs:

SO: Windows 10 Pro

CPU: Amd Ryzen 7 2700

RAM: 16 Gb DDR4

GPU: Radeon RX 580 8Gb VRAM

So please can you tell me what is wrong, I try to uninstall many times the software and reinstall it but it just don't work anymore, this behavior started after the last update of Photoshop.

Thank you and have a nice day.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 25, 2023 Feb 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Try manually resetting your Photoshop preferences

https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/photoshop/using/preferences.html#Manually

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Tanx for answering me Ged, i reinstalled the software 5 times as I mentioned in my post, and has no effect, but still i guess thar resseting a default preferences that allready are set to default by reinstallin the software 5 time has some kind of chance of succes in makeing the new verison of Photoshop 2021 V 24.2 work on a machine that never had any issues with this software till now.

Did you give me this advice because the Photoshop preferences are stored online on Adobes Servers? Or in an another cloud like service?

Thanx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uninstalling Photoshop does not remove the preferences unless you select this option

2023-02-25 09_23_59-Creative Cloud Desktop.png

The preference folder is stored locally in this location

C:\Users\Your Name\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2023

Just rename this folder to Adobe Photoshop 2023 Settings.old, the folder will be recreated when you launch Photoshop again

2023-02-25 09_27_36-Adobe Photoshop 2023.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, thanx, I didn't know that, I will try it as soon as I can and I will let you know the result.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It dose not work at all, even after reseting the photoshop preferences, dose anyone alse has the same problem, it just dosen't load the file, it freezes, after the update I can't use the software anymore, any suggestios, thanx.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a page with additional options you could try:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tanx, I got it to work, it is the splash screen, I guess I will manage myself to work without it, but still I guess that the programmers can look up this important aspect, it takes out some functionality features from the software. Hope in the next uptdate it will be solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 27, 2023 Feb 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem persists and it goes with some other Adobe software I tried, like Premiere, When I try to open another file the software crashes, I can't work sinse 23 of this month, please Adobe employ help me out, becose I didn't do nothing wrong here, tell me what to do to resolve this problem, becose I have a website to deliver, and I can do it on time and I will get into truble.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 27, 2023 Feb 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Do you have any plugins installed? You might try removing them and then see if Photoshop opens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines