Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 2023 not opening multilayered EXR correctly anymore

Participant ,
Aug 15, 2023 Aug 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have the latest Photoshop CC2023 v 24.7.0 and it's not opening Multilayered EXR files correctly any more (it worked few versions back but can't now say exactly when it got broken). Now It just gives me pop-up window for how do I want to interpret alpha channel (2 option - neither fixes issue) and then it opens EXR file (3D render with multiple channels) as just flat/single layer ???

Why is that changed ? It worked fine last 10 years, so why this change? Now it is useless if Multilayered EXR opens just single layer ?????

Same file(s) works ok in AE and in Affinity Photo (opens multiple layers correctly).

Please FIX this ASAP.
P.S. Or there is maybe some new preset options that i've missed somewhere to get back "old" behaviour ?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2023 Dec 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, try installing manually Exr-IO and specify the folder with plugins for Photoshop, for example;
С:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2023\Plug-ins

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop has never directly supported multi-layered EXR files. It requires a plug in such as EXR-IO https://www.exr-io.com/

It could be that you previously had the plug in installed in a version specific plug in folder and it just needs moving into the latest folder.

Note v24.7 is not the latest Photoshop. The current version is 25.2

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi davescm - note you are answering 4 months old post, so of course now I have newer version than back then when i sent report.. If you reply next year even 25.2 will not be current version ;).

And yes i had 3rd party plugin installed fixed which comes with Otoy Octane render engine for multiEXR support. It just stopped to work in my version for some reason, later on i fixed it so now it works again but every PS update somehow breaks something lately, and I have way more crashes than PS ever had in past (PS was rock solid for me for decade and as of later it's not so stable any more sadly)..

I guess that happens when company forces RENT software, so they have no need to update or test for stability since money is arriving every month/year anyway :(.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oops. Sorry I had not noticed the age of the first post. It came to the top of the list today and I wrongly assumed it was current.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines