Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 21.1 View Screen/Window Freezing - macOS

Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2020 Feb 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

My view window keeps freezing in PS 21.1 on 2017 27" iMac. I'll go to zoom or pan and the view will get stuck. Photoshop itself isnt freezing. I can still change tools and it even shows I'm zooming or panning with the scroll bars, but the actual view doesnt change. I can save and reopen and it goes back to normal.

{Thread renamed by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2020 Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion! Unfortunately my OpenCL is already disabled and the problem persists. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still having this same problem since I commented in March.

Adobe seems to not really care about the problem, they've had several updates/patches since then... Just super disappointing that they continue to make new versions of the program and add bespoke features that are rarely used and break the features you actually use...

I experience it across all three of my iMac's on the latest OS (10.15.6) and on the latest version of Photoshop (21.2.3). iMac's range in age from 2015–2019. From the comments here its clear that this is not just a Mac OS issue but a windows issue too...

It seems like this is a software issue unrelated to hardware. If anyone from Adobe would like to replicate the problem on their end, it is super easy to do... see screen recording link below:

1. new document

2. zoom in start using pen tool

3. keep using the pen tool and use the hand tool via spacebar, keep using it till it breaks

Screen recording: https://youtu.be/Gsam_4ttcys

From my original comment: I mostly experience it when I am working with the pen tool and actively drawing a path (zoomed in to an image) where I am using the hand tool (via space) to move around the image. Once again it is only the viewport of the particular image that freeze and no longer updates. Everything else inside the application functions normally (ie when it happens I can still save the document).

My normal work around when this happens is to save and close the document (since it still lets you even though the view is frozen), and then open the same document and start working again (its then completely fine till it does it again)... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(happy to try any ideas the community has to fix the issue)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem but on PC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had the same issue - but it has been solved for me in Photoshop 2021.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines