Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Photoshop 22.5.1 on Windows 10 : crop tool behavior

New Here ,
Sep 17, 2021 Sep 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I used the crop tool with earlier versions of Photoshop the tool drew the cropping rectangle, included a rule of thirds grid if I specified, showed the bounding box of the crop rectangle and tags at the four corners. There were tags in the centers of the rectangles sides of the crop box as well if no ratio was specified. Now I when I drag the crop tool across the image nothing shows up. No boundary box of the area to be cropped, no rule of thirds grid, and no corner tags. If I click Enter the tool will work but it's bothersome not to see the crop box info ahead of time. If I click Esc then everything shows up. If I change tools the box and grid will go away but the corner tags remain. That's confusing since they have no reason to be there after the crop has been made. How can I reset the tool to its original (and best) functionality? I'm running 22.5.1 but it's been occuring in at least one previous version as well.

{Thread title edited by moderator}

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 17, 2021 Sep 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with the Crop tool in Photoshop. Please check if the option for Rule of Thirds is enabled in the crop tool settings at the top.

PS crop rule of thirds.png

You can also try resetting the crop tool to check it that helps. Please check: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/basic-troubleshooting.html#tool

Let us know if this helps!

Regards,

Nikunj

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines