Photoshop 23.x is awful

New Here ,
Aug 26, 2022 Aug 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated my Photoshop to the 23.5 version and is awful, I basically cannot use it, I tried every tutorial on the Internet to help me, but is impossible, it's lagging, crashing and stopping working every time. The last stable version it was the 21.x.x and guess what? I cannot go to that version anymore because Adobe Creative Cloud just show to 22 forward (that is as horrible to use). Please, you guys need to fix this or at least allow us to install older version of the program.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jayp5CFE 

ProDesign Tools has some direct downloads to older versions. You need a valid subscription to run them, which you have.

https://prodesigntools.com/

Turn off automatic updates in the CC app so Photoshop doesn't update to 2023 when that comes out. You might at some point look at your system as the source of the crashes. You want to meet or exceed the recommended requirements.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/system-requirements.html

Jane

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When Photoshop crashes, this is the first thing to do, try resetting your Photoshop preferences. Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Windows) or Option+Command+Shift (Mac OS) immediately after launching Photoshop. You will be prompted to delete the current settings. You can also reset preferences upon a quit if Photoshop is running by going into General Preferences>General>Reset on Quit.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines