• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 24.0.1 crash. Paintbrush on locked opacity layer w/mask

New Here ,
Nov 28, 2022 Nov 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all, could not find an existing bug for this issue. Apologies if I didn't look hard enough.

Photoshop 24.0.1
Windows 10 enterprise

File w/ fairly large pixel dimensions-2k x 3k

1-Create a layer with a complex mask (in this case painted, so not just generated from a selection)
2-Create new layer
3-copy existing mask and paste to new layer
4-set layer blending to overlay/soft light
5-add some layer pixel info
6-lock layer pixel opacity
7-Use paintbrush/smudge tool/art brush on locked pixels.
8-acheive immediate crash.

If I apply the mask before locking layer pixel opacity and painting back into the pixels, it does not crash.

Thx for looking.
t

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 28, 2022 Nov 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its not clear to me step 2 what is done, I have duplicated existing layer with layer mask because empty layer does not have sense at step 6 to lock pixels.

Also I do not understand step 5 so I skipped it.

Can not reproduce crash on my machine. Try with preference reset or better record video to ensure I understand what cause problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2022 Nov 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cheers for trying Bojan!

I see my mistake now. The first layer, from step one also needs to have pixel information, like some brush strokes. I'm an idiot. hehe.

Clarification on the items you noted in your reply...My answers in (Parenthesis)

"Its not clear to me step 2 what is done, I have duplicated existing layer with layer mask (Don't duplicate. Make a new layer, add some brush strokes...then copy the mask from the first layer via selection) because empty layer does not have sense at step 6 to lock pixels.

Also I do not understand step 5 so I skipped it. (I just mean paint some brushstrokes in or something...add pixels)"

thx t

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 29, 2022 Nov 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @anthonyi12770279 I'm not seeing any submitted crash reports from you in our system. If you haven't done so already, please submit all Crash Reports along with your email address. Instructions here: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/submit-crash-reports.html That will help us diagnose the crash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines