• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 24 and above - shortcut input lag / not registering

Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2023 Dec 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been a user for a long time. I mainly draw and animate for video games (Wonder Boy and Streets of Rage4), using my two favorite shortcuts, Brush and Eraser, going back and forth very quickly between the two.
Since version 24 however, the shortcuts have a really hard time registering the input, making me press two or three times before being able to swap.

I have different computers fairly recent and the problem is the same in all of them. 
Desktop : Core i7, 48Gb RAM, GeForce 2060, 2To SSD
Laptop: Asus Zephyrus 16 , i7, 16Gb, SSD, Geforce 3060

However, I still have Photoshop 23.5 (the one with Galadriel on startup) on my desktop and the problem isn't there, making me use it preferably. But this version is not available anymore in CC (?) and I can't install it on my laptop.

I have unloaded the spring tool since a long time.
Graphics card drivers are up to date.
I trimmed down the number of brushes at disposal.
Tried different performance GPU configurations, even deactivated technology preview Native canvas.

Does anyone have any idea? It's really incapacitating.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @benf66668444 one consistency through the two machines is your GPU - I'm assuming you are running gaming drivers given the situation, however Adobe recommends running Studio drivers for Photoshop. Not sure it will make a difference but worth trying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks

I discovered these drivers which I was not aware of. Unfortunately, it doesn't change anything.

I'm really leaning on a photoshop bug since it's pretty consistent since version 24.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2024 Apr 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It seemed I finally found the exact problem.
When the stylus is pressed on the tablet, shortcuts are not registered, even when there's barely any pressure applied. 
It was not the case until version 23.5
Is there a way to have a workaround ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines