• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 3D features are being removed

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 17, 2021 Aug 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As of Photoshop 22.5, released in August 2021, Photoshop’s 3D features will be discontinued. 3D features have enjoyed long success within Photoshop over the course of  10+ years, however the personal computing industry has recently been transitioning away from use of OpenGL  (having to do specifically with the use of GPUs, which is critical for 3D) toward native GPU APIs, which ultimately began the slow deterioration of Photoshop’s 3D features, all of which needed OpenGL. As difficult of a decision as removing 3D features from Photoshop is, the silver lining is that the next generation of 3D content creation tools from Adobe is already here. Check out the Substance line of 3D products.

For more details, please visit Photoshop discontinued 3D Q&A.

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
replies 207 Replies 207
Community Beginner ,
Aug 18, 2021 Aug 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

3D is different from "Spherical Panorama" right?

Is "Spherical Panorama" going to be gone too since it's in the 3D dropdown menu?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the Q&A link above, it is written: 

• Spherical Panorama editing and support

As part of discontinued 3D functionality, so i am afraid that spherical panorama will no longer be supported.

I am not interested in subscribing additional software not included in creative cloud for my 3d use: spherical panoramas or text.

Using a former version of PS is jut a temporarly solution, since old versions will not be compatible with future operating systems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really can't believe this!  I do lots of 360 Pano and how do I get into the "Spherical Panorma" to edit my tripod now ???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is typically something that Substance 3D Sampler can do as part of its toolset to edit spherical environment maps. We' ve worked with Ricoh to allow you to even create HDR environments from simple 360 panoramas.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jeremy, can you provide some deails about using substance 3d sampler to edit 360 sperical panoramas? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 20, 2021 Aug 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks dave

substance 3D sampler HDRI edit mode looks intersting, but it is a seperate app and suite vs PS/ACR/LRcl, and it costs an aditional $20+/month on top of any plan including photoshop, which from current photoshop owners persective is a lot for this one small feature

360° panoramic photgraphers often work on 16k+ wide multi layer 16bit tiff files with masks and adjutment layers and layers for cloning etc that can easily be over 4GB or more in size, we might need to edit masks or clone specific areas in sperical mode and have these changes saved as normal flat layers which might be further edited in normal flat mode, can substance 3D sampler handle these sort of files and workflow? 

some 360 gigapixel phoptographers also regularly exceed photoshop file size and 300,000pixel limits, but that is another story 😉

more discussion on this topic here - https://www.facebook.com/groups/panoramicphotographers/posts/4729617157082358/

thanks again

sam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 14, 2021 Nov 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so a user asks how he can continue to do the work he has been doing using the software and features he is already paying for / renting and your answer is - too bad, we have stolen those features you already paid for and now if you want to do similar things you need to give us more money! you people should be ashmed of yourself., i reported your "answer"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2022 Mar 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

100% Bandit country!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just have a second older Photoshop installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just spent $270 to double my memory because I have been having issues with 3D.  I was getting "not enough memory" and other messages.  Now I find out it was not my computer having problems at all.  I am NOT happy!!!  And no, I cannot afford Substance Line, I could ill afford the memory.  I might just go back to CS6 and Lightroom instead of subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. I was also thinking that the problem was my PC. But with luck I go back to last version to check before spent in updates of my machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having issues with 3D going back until at least July.  I got new memory on July 15th.  Adobe said I should have checked with them when I got memory error message.  Ya, right!  I started w/PS Elements then used CS2 - CS6. 
Here is a free 3D program a friend suggested that I haven't tried yet.
blender.org - Home of the Blender project - Free and Open 3D Creation Software
Blender is the free and open source 3D creation suite. It supports the entirety of the 3D pipeline—modeling, rigging, animation, simulation, rendering, compositing and motion tracking, video editing and 2D animation pipeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Blender is an excellent piece of software, I use it a lot. It has great modelling capabilities and excellent quality, fast, rendering.  It doesn't replace the Substance apps such as Painter, Sampler, and Designer but fits right into the pipeline with those apps. There is even a Blender plug in, developed by Adobe, to take sbar  format materials directly into Blender so that the can be applied and still have full access to the exposed material adjustments.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, have you seen the "blender's" logo? And it is free. To unite.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, substance is extremely expensive. I feel you there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[abuse removed by moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 14, 2021 Nov 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[abuse removed by moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So its useless now if you make team sports banners that have 3d layers.I cant even get them to open anymore.Showes layers in the right side panel but no picture or anything.Just a gray screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you need to use the current verision of Photoshop, you can try setting the Technology Preview preference found at:  Photoshop > Preferences > Technology Previews, check “Deactivate Native Canvas”, and then restart Photoshop. We recommend using Photoshop version 22.2 if you need to work with a 3D file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much! That fixed it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excellent! I am glad that will get you by for a while.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2022 Jan 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ohhh thanks !!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines