• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 3D is not rendering correctly.

New Here ,
Aug 31, 2022 Aug 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I'm trying to make a 3D floor plan and when I used 'extrusion from selected layer' it doesn't follow the path that I drew. The red line is the path I would like the extrusion to follow, but it seems like Photoshop has it's own ideas. 

MicrosoftTeams-image (2).png

I'm using version 22.4.3, but I have access to some other versions through creative cloud as well. I used the pen tool to draw the lines. I dug through some threads trying to find the right answers, but no dice.  I uploaded a .psd file with just the lines, but I can upload the 3D one I'm struggling with right now. Is there anyway to fix this problem?

Thank you so much for your time!! 🙂

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

3D features are been discontinued in Photoshop, you can either try enabling Deactivate Native Canvas in version 22.4.3 or install version 22.2

https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/photoshop/kb/3d-faq.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to reply.

I just downloaded version 22.2 and I am still having the same rendering issues

Elizabeth25879442th2p_0-1661975667157.png

Do you have any other ideas? 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you extrude from a pen path, or just from pixels drawn with the pen tool? The pen path should be more accurate.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave!

I was using shapes drawn by the pen tool, because it seemed more accurate to me. I used the pen path this time and it's about the same

Elizabeth25879442th2p_0-1661978248118.png

I used shift+click to keep the lines straight?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the first one I used the pen tool to draw the paths and filled in those paths with the foreground color, for the one I just posted, I stroked the pen tool paths with the brush tool

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2022 Sep 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, I tried closing the door ways a little to see if that would force photoshop to follow the lines better, but I was told the drawing was now too complicated to extrude from. 

Second, I went through and made all of the lines consistent, kept the door ways tighter, and made sure there weren't any pixels bleeding over. They still taper anways?

stra.png

taper.png

I didn't see any bleed over when I zoomed in..

pixel.png

I'm not sure why it's acting this way haha. Is there anyway to tighten the walls at all? or move the blue line that outlines the 3D shape? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try using a path (not pixels) to outline the red areas and then use 'New 3D extrusion from Selected Path'  rather than from the layer.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave!! I'm sort of self taught in photoshop, I made a bunch of paths with the pen tool (using alt+click to start a new path while the old ones are still there), but they aren't connected together entirely. Is there a way to combine them? Or is this something I should do chunks? (ie the main outline on its own and the rooms in the middle have their own paths) Rather than one solid 3D figure?

Thank you so much for your help!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm just not sure how to get all the wall details with one path

Elizabeth25879442th2p_1-1662070625556.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 02, 2022 Sep 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi

You need to draw the path around the walls. That way each wall is not a single path but has thickness.  A single path line cannot be extruded, but a rectangle made from four path lines can.

As an aside, unless this is just a one off exercise, I would not be putting time into learning this in Photoshop. As mentioned earlier, 3D in Photoshop is dead. Using a proper 3D application, such as Blender 3D, will be easier and give much better results.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines