• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 3D Materials "reset" when reopening files

Explorer ,
Aug 21, 2021 Aug 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upon repoening a PS 3d composition (after having saved/closed), I find that the materials on my models are being cleared out or reset. This behavior is consistent across multiple files and multiple computers.

Only some of the values/parameters are retained, but the base material is cleared out completely. I've begun to save each material I develop so that I can reapply it to the elements, but it's still a huge pain to reapply the materials every time I open the file.

Attached is a screenshot of the material properties on the same element before saving and closing and what it looks like immediately after reopening. 

Does anyone have any insight into why this is happening?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Sep 02, 2021 Sep 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@anthonys57530656 wrote on 21 August 2021:

Does anyone have any insight into why this is happening?

Hi

The 3D features don't work in modern operating systems and are being removed from Photoshop. See this help page for details:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/3d-faq.html

As for insight as to why your issue is happening, I'll tag our 3D expert @davescm . Apologies for the lengthy delay in seeing your question.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 02, 2021 Sep 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi

I can't give any insight I'm afraid as I've never seen a difference in those properties before and after saving.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines