• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Action BATCH will not save to folder?

Explorer ,
Aug 07, 2017 Aug 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use a lot of action in my work.. and never really had a problem before.. but I tried making a simple action today and I couldn't get it to work.

Basically all I want it to do is load every file in a folder, resize it, then same it to a different folder as a jpg. (some are PNGs)

• I start an action recording
  • I open a file
  • I resize it
  • I save to new folder as jpg.. i use SAVE AS.

Then I go to batch and set it up like this...

Clipboard-1.jpg

but now every time I run the action I get a dialogue pop up asking me for a save location and file name?

Clipboard-2.jpg

Any ideas what is going on here? I have just installed a new copy of PScs6 as I got a new computer, but I swear I have done a zillion of these kinds of action before and it always took all the files in the folder, did what I asked to them and then saved them into the new folder with the same names as they originally had.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 07, 2017 Aug 07, 2017

My guess is something in your action is creating a layer and jpegs can't have layers and that's the reason your getting the Save As dialog? If you look there is a warning triangle next to Layers in the Save As dialog and the reason for the copy being added to the name.

How are you resizing the image in the action?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My guess is something in your action is creating a layer and jpegs can't have layers and that's the reason your getting the Save As dialog? If you look there is a warning triangle next to Layers in the Save As dialog and the reason for the copy being added to the name.

How are you resizing the image in the action?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ahh.. you know. .I bet that is exactly what it is as some of the PNG files have alphas so they have no background layer.

I'll add a flatten action to it and see if that works...

(it dose)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2020 Sep 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You just solved an hours long headache for me! Thank you so much, this fixed my problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines