• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop & Adobe Camera Raw Smart Object Freeze

Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2022 Oct 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everything used to work fine between Photoshop and ACR. Maybe there was an automatic update or something...I don't know, and this problem doesn't happen all the time. Here is the issue. I turn a layer into a smart object, go to open it in ACR and then it freezes and I have do a force close. Attached is was the screen looks like when it freezes. Now, if I don't convert the same layer into a smart object and then open it ACR, it doesn't freeze and everything works fine. Any help here?

Thanks, 

ReeseScreen Shot 2022-10-02 at 12.16.37 PM.png

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this is posted inthe wrong place, I just don't see how to remove it and post it under a better heading. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI; you can disable the auto updates in the CC application: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps quick solution is to roll back to previous working update.

roll back previous version ps.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 03, 2022 Oct 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Annoying as it can be I will try the roll back. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 03, 2022 Oct 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try resetting your ACR preferences, better?
Hold down the Command key and select Photoshop > Preferences > Camera Raw (MacOS) or hold down the Ctrl key and select Edit > Preferences > Camera Raw (Windows).
Click Yes in the dialog that asks "Delete the Camera Raw Preferences?"

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines