• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop asking to allow access to desktop after macOS Catalina update

New Here ,
Jun 10, 2020 Jun 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

after installing Catalina when I atempted to open photoshop CC I was asked to allow access to the desktop folder.  I had never been asked that before so I replied "no"   what a mistake that was.  Now I can't open anything from the desktop in photoshop and I can'd find anywhere to change that setting.  Could somebody please tell me how to allow acdcess to desktop once that has been done?  Thanks

{Thread title edited by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jun 15, 2020 Jun 15, 2020

Thanks that worked

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 10, 2020 Jun 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI there,

With macOS Catalina, Apple has made some changes to how applications interact with the operating system elements and what features applications have access to. Please check a similar discussion here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/why-does-adobe-photoshop-cc-need-to-access-keystroke-monito...

You can go to the System Preferences of your Mac, then Security and Privacy, then select the Privacy tab. You can add Photoshop to the Accessibility list under the Privacy tab and grant permissions to Photoshop under Full disk access.

Let us know if this helps!

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2020 Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks that worked

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 18, 2023 Aug 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi! 

I have the exact issue and I followed the steps you suggested above but it's still not working. Is there a way to complety delete Photoshop for it to ask for the permission again? I tried deleting Photoshop and installing again but nothing has worked. Do I need to delete the whole Creative Cloud? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines