• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PHOTOSHOP BETA LIMITATIONS

Explorer ,
May 24, 2023 May 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using - and loving! - the Photoshop Beta for several months. With yesterday’s launch, I have to ask: Are there any reasons professionals should use Photoshop 24.5 when the beta operates so well? Perhaps, there are, and I have not encountered them. But after editing hundreds of images on Photoshop beta versions, I've yet to see a difference in performance and stability. Maybe, I’ve just been lucky.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Carlos de Leon Beta is generally not used as primary due to unforeseen issues. If its working for you great, but you are acknowledging that you are accepting the risk that it could also fail in a future state.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your quick response, Kevin. I don't think my post was as specific as it should have been. I understand that any new technology not in Photoshop 24.5 is at risk of acting wonky - hence, the “beta" tag. My question was more about the stability of tools already released in Photoshop public versions: Are there any performance differences? For example, if I'm using the new AI Generative Fill tool and my screen freezes, that’s on me. But are there more frequent performance issues when using well-established tools while in the Beta (e.g., Patch Tool, Healing Brush, Clone Stamp, etc.)? I have not experienced this, but I thought it was worth asking the broader group.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Those are things you should be reporting via the beta feedback. The more communicative you are with feedback on the betas, the better they can be addressed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines