• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Beta VS Photoshop

Explorer ,
Jul 23, 2023 Jul 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, If I'm usung the Photoshop Beta version, do I need to keep the "older" Photoshop as well ? 

Or is it safe to remove it from my computer (to clear disk space).

Thanks

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're so low on space that 2-3 GB makes a difference, you're going to have serious problems with Photoshop in any case. It needs a lot more free space than that, anywhere from 100 GB to 1 TB, depending on file sizes, number of history states and number of open files.

You can also get general system problems. Worst case, it can freeze completely. You should never allow a system drive to fill up more than 60-70 %.

But no, you don't need both installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply.

I'm actually, not low on space and my softwares works perfectly.

It's just that I don't like to have unneccesary components. This is what I refered to by clearing disk space... 
If I don't need it, no reason to have it.

I just didn't know if the Beta rely on the older version and needs it in the background

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Theemir 

The beta version will continue introducing new features and new ways of using older features so the beta testers can look for bugs before the released version is released. I wouldn't use it for production, but I do use it for testing and some smaller projects.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines