• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop brush stroke doesn't render correctly (With Pressure)

New Here ,
May 05, 2020 May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having issues with my photoshop brushes for a while. Sometimes, they don't render correctly and it causes the brush to appear smaller than it really is, and also creates a border like a black square if I press it hard enough. It usually occurs on brushes with texture, and so far only happened to my downloaded brushes. I've never had an issue with brushes until I started using PS 2019, then I tried using 2020 to see if it could fix the issue but it still persisted. The only way to fix it from what I can tell is either to wait or switch to other brushes before coming back to the specific brush (not guaranteed).

Brush preview for brush with errorBrush preview for brush with error

When the border appears and the brush is having some kind of rendering error (above). As you can see there's a rectangle/square border that appears, you can see it in the actual strokes you make if you press harder (pen pressure).

Brush preview when brush is okayBrush preview when brush is okay

When the brush returns to normal (above).

From what I observed there is no predetermining factor (visually) that could indicate the problem has come on and I don't know what else this could affect. I have tried restarting Photoshop, and using an older version. It is because the older versions didn't work that I updated to see if it could fix the issue but I still experience it.

I use a 64-bit system with 16gb RAM, with an Intel core i7-8750H, Windows 10.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Hello, there is an update 21.1.3: the release notes mention pen pressure: https://helpx.adobe.com/be_en/photoshop/kb/troubleshoot-fonts-photoshop.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, there is an update 21.1.3: the release notes mention pen pressure: https://helpx.adobe.com/be_en/photoshop/kb/troubleshoot-fonts-photoshop.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines