Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Can't Open more then 2 Files/Windows

Community Beginner ,
Aug 18, 2021 Aug 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Photoshop Community,

Yesterday I updated the latest version of Photoshop, Version 22.5. After the update my Photoshop is showing some sort of bug/problem. When I want to open more then 2 files (psd/psd/jpeg etc.) I crashes. For example, when I opened a PSD file and within that file I open a Smart Object (what will open in a new window) nothing will happen, but when I open one more PSD file or Smart Object, Photoshop will start to crash and have to restart Photoshop again. It does this for 2 days now and everytime I open 3 windows/files it will happen. 

Is there anyone else who encountered this problem or has a solution tho fix this?

P.S. This happes on a Windows 10 laptop

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 04, 2022 Jul 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are welcome 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2022 Jul 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue. Turning off use graphics processor worked for me (also an AMD video card, I haven't tried updating the driver yet.) THANK YOU!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 13, 2022 Jul 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, we are glad that your problem has been solved. If you need help in the future, please contact us 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2022 Jul 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The problem hasn't been solved, it still persists, we've only found a temporary (let's hope) workaround for it. Turning off the use of graphic processor stops you from accessing some of the photoshop's functions, so it's not really a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2022 May 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this same problem and am at my wits end.  I have reset the preferences and it works for exactly one cycle of opening files and then the second attempt to have even three files open at a time results in Photoshop crashing.  I need a real solution!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines