• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop - Cannot Enable "Use Graphics Processor"

New Here ,
Dec 23, 2016 Dec 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently migrated over to a 2016 Macbook Pro with the Radeon Pro 460 graphics card. Still using CS6 I opened that version of Photoshop and found that I could not rotate my canvas. I was given the following notice.

"Could not complete your request because it only works with OpenGL enabled document windows."

I thought upgrading to Creative Cloud might fix my problem but upon opening Photoshop CC, I was given the following Message after opening my first document.

Screen Shot 2016-12-23 at 2.54.42 AM.jpg

Recent posts that sounded close to my problem suggested that I turn on my Graphics Processor. So I went to the Performance Preferences window and saw this.

Screen Shot 2016-12-23 at 2.56.58 AM.jpg

Assuming that I'm suppose to see the Radeon Pro 460 listed under "Detected Graphics Processor," It's apparent that Adobe (or at least Photoshop) does not recognize my Graphics card.

I haven't checked all of my applications but when opening Premiere, I encountered this window.

Screen Shot 2016-12-23 at 3.05.32 AM.jpg

I believe the graphics card is the crux of my problems, but I can't rule out the operating system itself either. (macOS Sierra 10.12.2)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 23, 2016 Dec 23, 2016

This sounds distinctly like a driver problem with the graphics card. From what I can see the Radeon Pro 460 has at least 2GB of VRAM and so should have no problem with Photoshop's 512MB minimum requirement. What you could try is temporarily moving the 'sniffer.exe' program to the desktop. It's located at.

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2017

It is this program that is detecting something is wrong and by deactivating it you may find your GPU is detected. The downside is the system may sta

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that's the way

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This sounds distinctly like a driver problem with the graphics card. From what I can see the Radeon Pro 460 has at least 2GB of VRAM and so should have no problem with Photoshop's 512MB minimum requirement. What you could try is temporarily moving the 'sniffer.exe' program to the desktop. It's located at.

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2017

It is this program that is detecting something is wrong and by deactivating it you may find your GPU is detected. The downside is the system may start to crash if there is a severe problem with the graphics card driver.

As you know with Mac machines drivers are updated with the operating system, so make sure you have the latest build of Sierra. Another possibility is your MacBook Pro has two graphics systems , the second usually being on a chip on the motherboard. If you do have Intel graphics try disabling as often Photoshop gives preference to Intel chipsets and they generally don't support enough VRAM-I have a feeling it's just system memory in fact- to keep Photoshop happy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 02, 2022 Oct 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here are some suggestions from Adobe for GPU issues.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/troubleshoot-gpu-graphics-card.html

I hope this helps

neil barstow, colourmanagement net :: adobe forum volunteer:: co-author: 'getting colour right'

google me "neil barstow colourmanagement" for lots of free articles on colour management

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines