• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC 2015 changes to scripting

Enthusiast ,
Jun 16, 2015 Jun 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's again the time of year that Adobe releases a new version with some new "features" so I was thinking we should share issues to minimize time on debugger

• Greatly improved Javascript performance, I'd say at least 2-3x improvement in my scripts, Kudos Adobe
  • Dialogs are much more responsive and change updates immediatelly. However in my end loop (waiting for user to click OK) dialog became unresponsive and hanged Photoshop. Needed to add app.refresh() in the loop (but don't use in script as it has great performance impact).

So far looking looking good, but please share if you discover some changes

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Mar 12, 2018 Mar 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Over two and a half year elapsed. Now we have CC 2018 (19.1.1). Were any of these (reported or not) bugs fixed? Can users posting here that time say their problems were solved? That would be best if Adobe with each release would officially add to new product features all scripting bugs they are aware of but not going (at least in closest future) to do anything with

Is there any list of all known scripting bugs that can be found in range of same page? It would be great seeing on such site (in table-like shape) next to each bug informations like when it was produced and the status of progress, like fixed (with a date), related links or something like reason it won't be 'never' fixed. I can't imagine anything better. It would be useful!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many of the bugs introduce back then have been fixed not all and new bugs have been added. You can user search one Adobe Feedback site to see reported bugs to see which have been fixed. Photoshop Family Customer Community

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lately I visit this site much, but it's not handy to browse all topics, it takes a lot of time, and is not readable. Friendly table / list with all reported bugs would make life easier, and encourage users to be part of reporting preocess. Imagine you open www.adobe.com/bugs/photoshop/scripting page and you have all at single glance. When bugs were introduced, reported, how many users met it and can't deal with, votes to see is certain bug cumbersome, Ps versions it exist, when fixed, priority it got from Adobe, link to description and images of wrong behaviour etc. So basicly readable information on the one page with possibility to click an item on list / table for more details, and if clicking related link be taken to dedicated discussion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I ever find such a list on the web I will post a link to it. Photoshop Scripting resources are hard to find.   Good people like Paul left  here because of Adobe scripting support the bugs he reported were not being fixed many in ScriptUI...

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That list would be hard to find if it is even possible. It might also be NDA information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any internal list for sute would be covered by Adobe's NDA

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not saying of existing list of bugs Adobe can have. I'm saying of a list that could be created to simplyfy report process and let everyone who's scripting help to be uptodate with things they don't work (by checking them in few seconds). That would be even possible to everyone to study them all in few hours without missing any. That could make communication efficient between scripting users and let search for workarounds (links to could be attached to that site as well) instead of thinking why something is not working and ask again same question etc. But that's not main goal of creating such site. The most important is all be aware of limitations, what they can do what not, is Adobe going to do anything with, how much time it possibly takes, what percent of users do need it for their workflow. In the worst case if possible make unofficial workaround, that suggested to Adobe can be changed by their methods to some official (without using deprecated technology - like Flash - that made they earlier worked but now don't). It's all about Adobe folks good will tough.

After all everything you see on Photoshop Family site is not confidental. Everyone can see what is going on - nothing is hidden from regular users. That was their own idea to make reports visible, that they don't go to their base only by filling report, but everyone can check and join discussion. It all needs only to be collected to be more transparent and accesible.

Bad things crossed limits however I see Adobe does good job with fixing bugs, but that they can't sort out themselves can be supported by us (for free), the most interested persons, those who everyday use their apps and want they were the best.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I feel the list would be long most would not know that the list existed and if Adobe did a good job fixing bugs  users like Paul would not have left here.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines